"And to answer your previous question, I'm here to help you dear." She answers vaguely.

"With what exactly because if you didn't know, a lot has happened." Rowan raised her brow hoping the woman would explain further.

"Well, mainly your gift but we can work on your magic as well," Diana answers simply but Rowan couldn't help but feel as if there was more to it than that.

Ok...

"Your different from anyone else in our line Rowan. You're not just a siphoner, you're a werewolf, which means you take magic from yourself and you have an endless source of magic."

"That also means people see you as a bigger threat than the rest of our family," Diana adds sending her granddaughter a sympathetic smile.

"You're the last of the Caddels Rowan, I'll be damned if I leave you unprepared for this world." The woman states, a determined look on her face.

"She's right." Emily Bennett suddenly appeared next to Diana. "You need as much help as you can get."
Rowan looks at the Bennett witch confused as to why she was there but decides to shake it off. Maybe this was the new normal. Ghosts just popping out of nowhere.

That thought caused Rowan to grimace. Let's just hope they know what privacy is...

"You both know how to boost a girl's confidence," Rowan grumbles to herself, which the witch and the siphoner chuckle at.

"Don't worry Rowan you're not alone. With guidance, you will thrive and gain full control of your powers." Emily adds trying to reassure her.

Rowan nods scarcely, unsure of the potential she had and if she could live up to the witches' expectations.

She may have been a hybrid, with unique powers, but she still had much to learn. And that would take time and patience.

And patience wasn't something that Rowan had.

"Ok, so where do we start?"

"No need to be hasty dear, we will begin in the morning." Diana smiles warmly at her granddaughter

Rowan nods, letting out a sigh as she looked at the two. "So what now?"

"Now, you sleep. You'll need the energy" Diana states shaking her head with a smile at Rowan's eagerness.

Rowan didn't answer straight away, her mind had drifted elsewhere. To a thought that had been playing in her mind.

"Nana, could I ask you something?" Rowan asks and Diana smiles warmly at her granddaughter, telling her to continue.

"Is Mom there?"

There was a look of hesitance on the woman's face, "I'm afraid I haven't seen your mother since she passed"

"Oh." Rowan looked down in disappointment. That hope of being able to see her mother once more deflated like a balloon.

She felt a light breeze and a coldness where she should have felt her grandmother's hands. She looked up at the woman in confusion.

"One negative about being dead."

"Your mother would be proud of you Rowan. I know I am. You are so strong. Don't ever think that you're not." Diana comforted

A sad smile graced Rowan's lips as she looked up at her grandmother, sending her a small nod.

Rowan gave her grandmother one last look before heading out of the study and up the stairs to her bedroom. There was this heavy feeling in her heart that she couldn't ignore.

Her eyes welled and she closed her eyes tightly trying to stop them from falling but it was no use, as one after another, drops of tears slid down her cheeks.

Without even thinking her hand grasped the necklace around her neck. The one piece of her parents that she had left.

"I miss you both so much."

Rowan slid into her bed, tugging her duvet over her, closing her eyes waiting for sleep to overcome her.

But what she failed to notice was the set of eyes that looked in at her from her window.