Chapter 41: Picnic

Start from the beginning

The corners of his mouth lifted into a small smile before he said something again that slightly unnerved Jocelyne.

"Looks like you've got their attention already." I heard Charles laugh. "Good luck." He placed a hand on my shoulder before leaving to join the management on the balcony.

"You can do it, Eris. I said to myself in my mind. "Just do what you do best."

*

"Strawberries in chocolate." I caught Luna's attention.

"What?" She frowned.

"You once told me you loved it more than your own organs." I tried to smile as I picked up a box of strawberries and a plate of melted chocolate. "Peace?"

Luna turned her back to me and was looking at the TV. "Are you going to sit down or should I come to you and take it?"

I quickly walked over to her before she could change her mind and sat next to her. I put the strawberries and chocolate on the table and Luna jumped right in.

"You want some?" She offered it to me.

"I'm allergic." I pulled away a little from her hand.

"I know." She smiled and put the strawberry in her mouth.

"Can we stop arguing? I don't want to be against you." Today's conversation in the hallway made me realize that she only wants to help me. Even if I don't want her help because something might happen to her, she gives it to me.

She wants to protect me as much as I want to protect her. But I'm too stubborn to let her.

"When you realize I'm not your enemy, maybe." She shrugged.

"I never thought you were my enemy."

"It doesn't matter. I don't want to talk about it."

"Luna, please..."

"Eris, I'm not mad at you." She cut me off. "I'm just sorry that you won't let me in. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I understand, but..."

"But what?" She cut me off again. "There's no but. I want to help you because you're my friend and I care about you. I don't want to lose you. I can't and I won't."

I couldn't help but smile and felt a warm feeling in my heart.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She narrowed her eyes.

"I'm not used to people caring about me."

"I've always cared about you. Ever since you almost killed me when we were kids."

"Good old days." I laughed.

"I'm serious Eris. Please don't do something stupid."

"Fine." I breathed out hard. "But only if you promise not to fight again. I don't like it when we fight."

"Me neither." She smiled. "Come here." She reached out to me and hugged me tightly.

I buried my head in her neck and the smell of vanilla reached my nose. I will have to find out what shampoos she uses.

"Since we are not enemies anymore..." She started to pull away. "We need to have a serious conversation."

"About what?" I looked at her a little scared.

"You and Killian?" She raised an eyebrow.

"What about him?" I tried to look as normal as possible.

I haven't had a chance to have a proper talk with him today. He left after our conversation that morning in the hallway and I haven't seen him since.