thinking about it for a second eddie decided it wouldn't be the weirdest thing he ever did. "i did it before. sure, come on you baby." steve giggled at the nickname and allowed himself to be dragged to the bathroom.

eddie opened the toothbrush, putting some toothpaste on it. he patted the counter for steve to sit on it and he did. it was high enough so they were both still face to face. eddie giggled before he started to brush steves teeth every once again telling him to "open wide" which made both of them laugh, in steves case almost spit out the toothpaste.

sometime while brushing steve opened his legs enough so eddie could get a better reach to his teeth, now being positioned in between steves legs, eddies free hand automatically coming to rest on the others thigh.

when they were finished steve hopped off the counted and spit in the sink while eddie washed the toothbrush putting it back into the container.

"well thank you, now i feel fresh" steve ran his tongue across his teeth and dropping it with a pop. eddie patted his bicep heading back to his room "come on we gotta get to school. you good to drive or do i have to take care of you more princess?"

"you're a tease" steve smiled at eddie "would you mind though? i didn't think i'll be awake till 8." eddie giggled as he grabbed a pair of pants, his hellfire tshirt and a sweatshirt. he put on the shirt and pants, tugging the sweatshirt with him. steve changed into his old clothes, both of them turning away from each other as they changed.

"hellfire tonight?" steve asked motioning to eddies shirt with his head as he tugged on his yellow sweatshirt. eddie nodded "yeah, byers had a new idea for my campaign so we're gonna have a meeting, of sorts, at lunch." steve nodded slowly, looking like he was thinking about something. "would you maybe.. you know, wanna join?" eddie asked, quickly adding "i know you haven't played in a while but the kids love you and i'm sure the others wouldn't mind seeing past everything that happened. i'll tell them all of it."

steve seemed to be reassured by eddies words so he agreed to sit with them.

when they were both ready eddie grabbed his backpack and steve his car keys which he threw to eddie. they decided to stop by steves on the way so he could his stuff.

...

not that they didn't expect the stares from everyone that saw them drive in the parking lot together but it was just a little unnerving. well mostly for steve. he has been the popular jock for a while now and he looked like he was regretting going with eddie.

"you know, you don't have to walk with me" eddie said to steve before they got out of the car. "i know how stressful it can get, everyone looking at you. and i mean, you are the king of hawkings high, would be weird if you just started hanging out with the gay freak again." eddie giggled a little, trying to show it doesn't bother him but his face showed his bitterness.

steve looked at him for a moment with an unreadable expression before shaking his head "no. no i wanna walk with you. if i wanna be your friend i'm gonna have to deal with all of this." eddie looked at him gratefully. "you still want to be my friend?" he teased him. steve got a mean expression on his face, carrying just the slightest bit of playfulness "i'm gonna smack you. of course i wanna be your friend!"

"okay okay" eddie put his arms up in defense and got out of the car, giggling, steve following suit.

and if anyone wasn't starring before, they were definitely starring now. eddie rolled his eyes at the hushed whispers and talked to steve about his upcoming dnd campaign, trying to distract him so he wouldn't pay attention to everyone else.

and for a while it worked. until a certain freckled bully appeared infront of them.

eddie turned to steve who despite his mean stare gulped. eddie knew steve held the upper hand with tommy, having gotten quite ripped in the last two years but he didn't want him getting into anything cause of him.