꧁Chapter 19꧂

Começar do início

Their love was indeed very tested that she couldn't help but feel pity. One who practically lost everything he had and one who was forced and shaped to perfection yet still want nothing but love and freedom. Lucy could only sigh at this realization, she sincerely hope and prayed that the operation would turn out successfully and everything will be better for the both of them.

"Does Joanne know all of this?" Lucy queried, breaking the dreadful silence that engulfed the two of them.

"Ben is now trying to inform her." Daniel stated.

"What do you mean by trying?"

"For some reason, she isn't opening her room door. Ben tried knocking but she's utterly unresponsive." Daniel explained.

"I can deal with her." Lucy stated before getting out of their shared room. Daniel just letting her be as he knows she is the only person Joanne would listen to.

She sauntered her way through the corridors until she caught the glimpse of Ben standing in front of her door frame. He was looking down, resting his hand on his waist as he pursed his lips in frustration.

"Let me take care of her." Lucy said before facing Joanne's doorframe. Ben looked distressed. Lucy's forehead creased at what she had seen before facing Ben again who was now sauntering away from the scene.

"Hey, I need you to stay with me here. It appears as though you also have something to settle with her other than what had happened to Catherine." Lucy said. Ben obliged, his future sister-in-law indeed has the quality of a true ruler. She makes every soul oblige to whatever she orders. He looked down the floor as he stood there stiffly, fidgeting his fingers.

Lucy knocked twice, once and twice again. Ben was baffled with this action as Lucy seemingly followed some sort of code. Not long after, the door unbolted, revealing Joanne who looked utterly discouraged and gloomy. Her sleepy eyes, disproportionate figure and her pale complexion was an evident proof that she has not been living well lately.

She would've been better off staying at the woods near the border, she would've been in her most desirable shape and condition, Ben thought.

"What is it you want?" Joanne queried to Lucy with a disinterested tone.

"Catherine, she's been shot." Lucy stated, she didn't saw the need for her to drag this any longer.

Joanne seemed to have lost her balance for a while as she stumbled. Gulping in distress as her eyes trembled.

"Where is she now?" Joanne asked, her tone hardening.

"She's currently at the Royal Infirmary undergoing operation." Ben said, he can't bring himself to look at her and so he uttered those words whilst facing down.

Joanne just took a quick glance at his timid figure before dashing towards where Catherine currently is. Lucy followed as she ushered Ben to do the same.

It wasn't like he expected her to talk to him yet it still pained him. It was as if everything they've been through together was all nothing to her, all because of a misunderstanding. All those years, Ben knew the reason why he couldn't accept letters from his Ji anymore and it inflicted a great deal of pain in Joanne's once frigid heart.

He once eavesdropped on his parent's conversation and found out that they were preventing his letters from getting out of the Kingdom and so their communication with each other was cut off abruptly.

He told all of it to Joanne, he wanted to come clean and sincere yet it was met with utter disappointment. Why didn't he confront them? Why didn't he try to find a way to keep in touch with her? Those questions were spiraling Joanne's mind. Ben understood where she was coming from yet he was just a mere little boy bearing the weight of being a royalty and was consumed by fear and doubts. Time flew swiftly as he forgot about it long enough to forget why he needed to.