꧁Chapter 19꧂

Playing: Mozart- Requiem, K. 626: Sequentia. Confutatis & Lacrimosa

She woke up with an extremely unpleasant feeling. With her head throbbing, she hissed and closed her eyes shut abruptly as the pain kept assaulting her. Prince Steve who took a nap on the other bed at the Royal Infirmary jolted awake and immediately called for the nurse upon catching a glimpse of Julia in pain. Once the nurse arrived, she immediately attended to Julia, giving her what she needs for the pain to stop.

"You collapsed, Your Highness. It would be better if you stay out of things that stresses you out just for the mean time at least." The nurse consulted, urging her to agree.

"No, I can't possibly do that. There are still a lot more things for me to attend to and I can't possibly be lying here still with everything that's been going on." She opposed, her mother will certainly be disappointed upon knowing this.

"Just please oblige Julia, I can manage all the remaining tasks. Besides, our wedding and coronation is only a few weeks away, you don't need to worry about a single thing, all will be taken care by me. Please give me a chance to make it up to you, you've done nothing but to organize every events that has transpired so far, please get some rest." Steve pleaded, Julia contemplated before she nodded in defeat followed by a sigh of frustration.

Soon, the nurse left the two of them as Steve stared at Julia worryingly. He was hesitant, he was contemplating so hard whether he'd say it or not. Julia took notice of this and she raised her eyebrows, urging him to spill it. Sighing, he looked down on the floor as he fidgeted his fingers before talking.

"I know I told you to keep away from things that are stressing you out, so it was very hard for me to be telling you this but I really felt the need to inform you this since they are some of the closest person to you." He explained in one breath, panting slightly right after.

"What do you mean Steve?" Julia's forehead creased, bewildered.

"It's about Judy and Catherine." He bluntly said.

"W-what about them?" Julia impatiently queried.

"Judy....she was poisoned." Steve revealed looking down to his fidgeting hands.

Julia's mouth fell agape at the revelation, she couldn't utter a single syllable so Steve took the initiative to continue.

"She's doing fine now. The doctor was barely able to find an antidote but she's doing better. She hasn't woken up yet but let's just wish for the best and hope that she would wake up sooner than expected." Steve reassured, his words somehow give her a bit of positivity in her. But it served as a calm before the storm as she recalled him mentioning Catherine.

"What about Catherine?" She asked, narrowing her eyes into tiny slits.

"S-she was shot."

"SHE WAS WHAT?!" Lucy shouted, shocked by what Daniel told him.

"You heard it right, she was shot." Daniel said, gripping his hair in distress.

"Wha-how?" Lucy can't seem to grasp this information so she proceeded to ask further more questions.

"They are suspecting Kai as the one who shot her but I know Kai wouldn't do that. I know he loves her too much to even say hurtful words to her let alone shoot her." Daniel hissed, his words filled with bitterness.

Lucy understood this. She saw and heard how respectful and soft-spoken Kai was. She would often see the couple having their usual morning stroll, he would stare at her in admiration when she was talking, completely dismissing the conversation just to stare at her features and Lucy would often times unconsciously smile at that. They were perfect, not until all these happened.