꧁Prologue꧂

Playing: Edvard Grieg: Peer Gynt- Morning Mood

A rather normal day for Julia Colette Choi, the incoming queen of the Queendom of Azalea once her mother's reign ends when she gets married off to some prince from a foreign kingdom somewhere else. She sat up from her ginormous bed when she heard the muffled calls of a servant knocking on the door of her room this early in the morning. She got out of her bed and approached the door to be greeted by the same servant.

"Good morning Princess Julia, your mother is asking for your presence."

"For what reason might it be?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"She did not bring up the reason for such a thing Princess Julia, I suppose you should meet her at the royal garden. At the moment, she is currently having tea all by herself on the veranda." She stated apologetically.

"Having tea this early I see. Now if you excuse me I still have to make preparations." She huffed before she excused herself to get changed into vêtements more fitting for a young lady labeled as a princess to wear.

She taunted through the hallway of the castle to head towards the royal garden where the queen is situated at. Once she saw the figure sitting on the veranda facing the man-made lake filled with swans, she quickened her pace until she found herself on the veranda. She cleared her throat slightly to inform the older woman of her presence which she successfully did because the queen is now facing her signaling her to sit beside her still facing the scenery she's been entrancing herself into for what seemed to be hours.

"For what purpose does my presence serve here, mother?" She asked softly eyeing the older woman.

"I saw the need to call you for the reason that I wanted to converse about your reign as the Queen of this nation. When shall it start? When shall you find a fine young lad from another country and lead this country together with him? Time as we all know is certainly of the essence. " She asked now facing the princess.

She pursed her lips now looking towards the direction of the scenery of the lake thinking of an answer or more so hoping for an answer to pop out of her head. Then she resorted to utilizing her most over-used response.

"I will find one soon enough, mother." She reassuringly stated.

"When exactly will that "soon" be? When I depart this life of mine? Or will you ever be able to find one at all? It appears so that your younger sister, Jinni is likely to find one earlier than you can." She asked in a rather calm tone. She's a well-poised lady after all and losing her cool would mean she isn't thinking rationally.

"I will find one as soon as viable, mother." She stated as she pursed her lips whilst looking down at her hands before the queen excused her to leave and head to eat her breakfast. But before she could head towards where she was supposed to be heading, the questions on her mind have caused her to grow even more curious. She was three steps away from deciphering its conundrum and so she took the chance and asked the queen the question that has been lingering on her mind for quite some time.

"Why do I need a man to rule this nation alongside me, mother?" She asked, pure curiosity evident in her voice.

"We shall not break the heritage that has been embedded in this state since the dawn of its creation, Julia. I, myself married your father before becoming the ruler of this nation and you too shall abide by it." She explained whilst still facing the scenery before her eyes. Despite receiving an answer from the Queen, she felt like it wasn't the one or perhaps wasn't the only one. It was like shooting the target with an arrow but not attaining a bullseye. She needed more and so she asked again hoping it would hit the bullseye this time around.