"Well, then," said Rosalind, surprised the conversation changed so suddenly. "Are you sure? Are you happy with that decision?"

"Yes, I am sure, and yes, I am happy with it. You two can take the cure."

"Actually," said Elena, "I think we're going to stay vampires, too."

Rosalind whipped her head toward her. "We are? Like, final decision?"

Elena smiled. "I like being a vampire, because of you. And yes, having the cure here and having a choice was nice, but the more I think about it, the more I know in my heart that this cure is destined for someone else. So, I was thinking... how about we give this to Rebekah when we pop into New Orleans next weekend?"

Rosalind grinned. "I think she'd really like that."

"So does that mean the apartment will be... vacant?" asked Ruby hopefully.

"I'd check with Tyler," said Rosalind. "But it might be. Though, I think next time everyone should take their boxers home with them."

Ruby blushed. "It'll be done, don't worry."

They flew out to New Orleans the following week. Klaus picked them up at the airport, surprising them by having Hope in her carseat, waiting for them.

"Oh my goodness," squealed Elena when she saw her. "Hello there, baby girl!" Hope babbled, reaching out to Elena, who caressed her face. "Sweetheart."

"I call her my littlest wolf," said Klaus as Rosalind climbed into the passenger's seat. "Hayley is my little wolf. And you, of course—"

"Little hybrid," said Rosalind. "Does Elena get to be 'little vampire' or something?"

"I could call her that. If I didn't think she'd cringe each time I said it."

"I'll just be Aunty Elena," she said, grinning from ear to ear as Hope held out a stuffed giraffe. "And you will be my favorite niece."

"She's your only niece," mentioned Klaus. "Kol called her his favorite niece already."

"Well, she is still my favorite even if she's the only one. We have a surprise for Rebekah waiting in Rosalind's suitcase. We might get another niece or nephew in the future."

Klaus faltered. "There is something you both must know regarding any further Mikaelson children."

It became clear to Rosalind that the situation in New Orleans was a lot worse than what Klaus had ever conveyed over the phone. He'd probably been trying not to alarm her into coming there, since he knew she was dealing with things in Mystic Falls and couldn't be away for extended periods of time.

He told them about his older sister, Freya, who was apparently alive and well and had shown her face just days prior to announce that she would help them vanquish their aunt Dahlia, who'd taken Freya from Esther when she was only five years old. Now, Dahlia was coming for Hope.

"So, we kill the bitch," said Rosalind. "Once we find out how to kill the bitch, that is."

"Freya trusted Mikael with finding the ingredients," grumbled Klaus. "I haven't any faith that it will get done."

"If you need our help, we will help you. Hope is just a baby, she doesn't need to be going through this. Whatever you need, we'll do it. You can count on us, Klaus."

"You needn't concern yourselves with this, my family and I will handle it. You have other problems at home."

Rosalind put her hand on his arm. "You are my family. And so is Hope. I'm sure Elena thinks the same."

Redamancy | Elena Gilbertजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें