"Okay." He said seeming slightly convinced. "That doesn't explain how you ended up in this building."

I blew out some air figuring out how I was going to explain this one. And it was simple.

"I followed them."

I swore I never thought I could see anger filled someone's features as fast as they settled on his.

"You did what?" He gritted out.

"I followed them." I repeated, but this time I wasn't as confident in my answer.

Listen, I know it was stupid.

"Why the hell would you do that?" He questioned anger still evident in his tone.

I looked down towards the ground I couldn't look him in the eyes. I felt like a kid getting scolded.

I kicked a few pebbles of gravel with my shoe. "I was curious." I muttered.

"Curious?" He said dryly. "You do know curiosity killed the cat, right?"

I nodded. I know it was stupid!

He placed his hand under my chin and tilted my head up. His eyes meeting my own. Only his were filled with anger and worry. So much worry.

"Leah." His deep voice was steady. "Don't ever ever do that again. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. You don't know how dangerous all this is. It may be too late to save myself from all of this, but I will never let you get anywhere near this. Do you understand?"

I nodded. It was the only thing I could do in the moment.

Then I remembered something.

"Jace, what is Dominic doing here?" I asked.

"Business." He said vaguely.

"No, serious answer." I demanded. "Why is he at this company?"

He arched a brow at my tone. "This is a company Dominic has acquired recently."

"When you say 'acquired' what do you mean?"

"I mean he now owns a good chunk of the company. On the board and has a say in every business decision they make. Why are you asking?" He inquired.

I ran my hands down my face in frustration. This can't be right?

"Why are you asking?" He repeated.

I bit my bottom lip in thought. Even if it's not true, it would be better to tell him.

"Because Nate's father is the one of the members operating this branch."

Jace looked absolutely taken back.

"You don't think he's had anything to do with Dominic, right?" I asked pleadingly.

Please tell me he doesn't.

He was silent for a moment. "Honestly, I don't know." He answered. There was a chance Nate's dad has no hand in this. Some hope. "But truthfully, if he is a major member of this company it's likely he is associated with Dominic."