Chapter 12 - Conflicting Confessions

Start from the beginning

Oh great. That's just worse now.

I rolled my eyes at what Uncle Korn said and took a huge gulp of my thankfully not scorching hot tea in frustration.

"Well, do you wanna get out of this room earlier or do you not wanna use the fake story of your injury? You choose. It may only be just a few months more in this room. It doesn't bother me that much," Uncle was using his words again to provoke me.

And it worked.

"Fine," I clenched my jaw, "I hit the sharp edge of the table in the middle of the night and it cut into my skin deep."

"Good, join us for lunch and dinner again starting next week," Uncle smiled victoriously.

And with that, he left the room, leaving Nop with me.

The polite smile on my face dropped and I lifted a finger, signaling Nop to come close.

"What did you find about the Ponpiboon Family's recent business plans?"

"They've been looking into investing on areas of the Enslaves to open up new cities that'll be directly linked to the center of Bangkok through underground speed trains."

"And how are they planning to fund the project alone?"

"They've decided on using the Enslaves from the areas as hard labor workers, this'll down the cost to a minimum and allow them to spend their budget on other aspects."

Of course they are.

"They're smart." I smirked, "Report this to Kinn and tell him I'm interested in the project."

"Khap, Khun Vegas." Nop nodded and as he was about to go back to his guarding post, I stopped him, suddenly remembering something else I wanted.

"You may focus fully on helping me with this issue and follow my orders. Since I'm not able to go outside for the time being, I'll need you to run the errands for me."

And then I got to the point, "That bodyguard — Pete. Let him serve me personally starting tomorrow."

PETE'S POV

I was just about to leave the room when the door opened, revealing P'Zee who had just gotten off his shift.

We usually could only talk to each other during the small intersection between the changes in day shift and night shift.

P'Zee looked like he wasn't too pleased when I walked out of Vegas's room last night.

I smiled at P'Zee, in an attempt to lighten up the mood and when I was just about to greet him, he beat me to it by asking, "Did he hurt you?"

"Ha?"

"Vegas. Did he hurt you?"

P'Zee was frowning. He had that look on his face again. The one where he looked like he was blaming himself for whatever reason, the one where he looked like he was frustrated.

"Of course not, Phi! Don't worry about it, he wouldn't. P'Nop had an errand to run so he assigned me temporarily take his place guarding Vegas on the inside."

He let out a deep breath and ran his fingers through his half-messy hair, looking like he had been at war, "Thank God. I was so worried about you, Pete. I don't know what I'd do if he actually did something to you."

I shook my head and smiled. There he goes again, worrying about me.

P'Zee really is good to me.

I grabbed P'Zee's towel from the hanger and handed it to him, "I didn't do anything wrong so don't worry, Khun Vegas won't do anything to me. And you should take a shower and go to bed, you look really sleep deprived."