𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐀𝐃𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀. She'd never stayed for long in one place anyways, the longest she had ever stayed in one place was 70 years and even then she thought it was only a few months. The Lotus Hotel and Casino will always confuse her.

True to her word, Elisa stayed on her own, avoiding the curious stares and her overeager housemates. Not to mention the burning gaze from Caelum Black. They were all very persistent but Elisa sat on her own, studied on her own and ate on her own. She knew that they could sense that she wanted to be left alone.

And she was, left alone, until she wasn't.

"You look frustrated." An amused voice chipped in and she side eyed the boy to her left but looking down at the food in front of her.

British food confuses her. She grew up on Italian food and then ate only McDonald's when Nico and herself had discovered it.

"I'm not frustrated, I'm confused." She corrected without looking at the boy next to her. She could still feel a burning gaze and refused to look up even more knowing who it belonged to.

"Theodore Nott." He introduced himself, still very amused by their interaction. "No need to introduce yourself to me, we all know."

What part of 'I don't need friends' do these british witches not get? Am I supposed to be impressed by their knowledge? Because I'm not. Elisa turned to glare at him with barely restrained anger. "That's good because I wasn't going to, Theodore Nott." Elisa stood up from her spot after grabbing her bag. "Make no mistake, we are barely housemates. We are not friends nor acquaintances." She strode out swiftly, missing the pitying look in the eyes on the onlookers or the curiosity in the eyes of her other half.

Elisa walked for what felt like seconds before reaching the library, her mind sunken in her own anger. She doesn't need pity or curiosity. She doesn't need friends. For what? Everyone else saw her as a monster. So what's the point. No one will ever replace-

She grit her teeth as she slumped into a chair before bringing her bag up to the table and taking out a piece of paper and a pen. Nico had made her promise to write. They both knew of her tendency to withdraw. To disappear without a word to anyone.

She took in a deep breath to calm herself down, just like Will had taught her before glancing down at the paper and starting to write, oblivious to the blue-grey eyes on her.

'Dear Nico,

It feels strange to write my thoughts out on paper but you insisted on knowing how everything is going, it feels even more strange to not have you with me. We've always been together, as twins should be, but we're also our own people who have our own thoughts and our own wishes.

I wish Khael was still alive

British witches are strange. The food is strange. The people and their niceness is even stranger. I met my other half, his name is Caelum. He's not horrible. I've been avoiding him for as long as I can-

I'm afraid to fall in love with him

I don't know him very well but everyone seems to want to ask a million question about me and I just want to sleep forever.

Don't tell Dad or Will about that, I don't want to endure another lecture.

Nothing interesting has happened yet. Everyone seems nice but not everything is what it seems, you and I know that best.

I have my mythomagic cards with me as usual, plus our special cards. I hope they bring me luck.

With care and love,

Elisa Di Angelo.'

"You're awfully popular." A soothing voice speaks out, making Elisa flinch and turned around to look.

There he stands, Elisa's other half. The boy she's been avoiding like he's the bubonic plague itself.

He smiles at her and something side her warms up. She can't decide if she likes that feeling or not.

"Not really." Elisa responds, unable to tear her eyes away from him. "I don't needs friends anyways." Why is she telling him this? When did she become the type of person to spill her guts?

"You must be awfully lonely then, everyone needs someone." He sits in the seat beside her, his eyes bright and curious.

Elisa scoffs and looks down at her letter before folding it closed and placing it in her bag. "No one is ever truly alone." She says back, her voice softening just a little bit. "There's always someone there, even if you can't see them."

Caelum wants to watch her forever, he never wants to tear his eyes aware from Elisa. She seems like such a complex person. She can show anger but she can be soft and melancholic too. He wants to see all the sides she possesses and he knows he'd love them all.

"I don't want to be surrounded by people who only see the daughter of Hades, or a war hero." Elisa glances at her before she purses her lips. "That sentiment extends to you, soulmate. I'm not what I've done or who I come from." Elisa gathers her things and stands up.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Caelum scrambles up after her, wanting to keep the warmth he feels around her.

Elisa stops and furrows her eyebrows. "I have to mail out this letter before heading to potions, like you should be doing, considering we have all the same classes." She eyes him up and down before walking away.

'Did she just check me out?' Caelum things before yelling after her. "I'll save you a seat!" The only response he got was the be shushed by Madam Pince.

Elisa didn't stop walking, even after his proclamation. She only smiled down at her feet as she trudged down to the owlery.

"If he a fool or something? Either way, I feel the winds changing. Dad, give me strength to deal with what is ahead of me." Elisa could help her smile. Maybe change was good, just a little bit.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: YAY!!!! CAELUM AND ELISA ARE GETTING CLOSER <3!!!! AND POOR ELISA, WHY DO I HURT HER SO??? SHE'S STILL GRIEVING AND OF COURSE SHE SEES PEOPLE BEFRIENDING HER AS PEOPLE TRYING TO USE HER BC OF WHO HER DAD IS OR BECAUSE THE...

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄: YAY!!!! CAELUM AND ELISA ARE GETTING CLOSER <3!!!! AND POOR ELISA, WHY DO I HURT HER SO??? SHE'S STILL GRIEVING AND OF COURSE SHE SEES PEOPLE BEFRIENDING HER AS PEOPLE TRYING TO USE HER BC OF WHO HER DAD IS OR BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. DON'T WORRY!! FRIENDSHIP WILL HAPPEN SOON, IM SO EXCITED FOR ELISA, BLAISE AND PANSY TO BECOME A CHAOTIC TRIO.

ELISA DOES HAVE PTSD FROM THE 2 WARS AND ALL OF THE STUFF SHE WENT THROUGH. WHICH SHE'S ONLY KNOW GETTING THERAPY AND GRIEF COUNSELING FOR BECAUSE GOD I WISH I COULD. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT <3333