Chapter VIII

In the following weeks, the civil war between Bo Katan and Maul escalates as all of Mandalore is gripped by war. It wasn't long before the Republic arrived, siding with Bo Katan. In the midst of this bloody conflict, Blake alongside Clan Khan were caught in the middle. While Blake did everything she could to try and salvage this battle, Sienna Khan was slowly going made as everything was falling apart. In the enclave of Clan Khan, Sienna gathered her remaining forces. 

Sienna: The time has come, brothers and sisters! The time has come for us to claim what is rightfully ours! As we speak, Mandalore is at war. But we all knew that. Mandalore has been at war for decades. Our ways were at war. Now the time has come for us to reclaim Mandalore for the True Mandalorians! 

The Mandalorians of Clan Khan cheered as Blake watched with concern. 

Sienna: For too long, Mandalore has been ruled by sheep and madmen. But that time has come to an end. The time has come to exact vengeance on all those who laid us so low! The worst fate for a Mandalorian is not damnation or eternal pain. It is to merely be forgotten. To be lost among the countless masses of dead passing to the next world with every hour that ticks by. To be forever separated from the actions of this world, until all memory of your life and deeds are gone and long past being remembered. To have not a single tear shed in memory of your passing. That is the true nature of dar'manda. That shall not be our fate! That fate shall fall upon our enemies! They will know our wrath! To our right, the traitors led by the outsider Maul. To our left, the traitors led by Bo Katan! All shall know our wrath! All shall know our fury! Here is why the aruetii can't exterminate us. We're not huddled in one place—we span the Galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we certainly can kill those who stand against us!

As Sienna rallied her troops, the men and women of Clan Khan cheered for Sienna. But while the Mandalorians of Clan Khan cheered for Sienna, Blake expressed concern. Despite her own fears, Blake sought to inspire hope to her fellow Mandalorians as she stepped forward. 

Blake: Up until now, we have struck from the shadows while our numbers grew. But that time is over. The time has come for us to wage war against our enemies. It is time we wage war for the glory of Mandalore! They do not understand the beast they have just awakened! They do not understand what they have unleashed upon themselves! Strength is life, for the strong have the right to rule. Honor is life, for with no honor one may as well be dead. Loyalty is life, for without one's clan one has no purpose. Death is life, one should die as they have lived. That is the Way. That is the oath that has built the foundations of our way of life! Now it is the time to honor that oath! We are one indomitable heart. We are the wrath of Atmos. We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, we are Mandalorians. Those who stand before us light the night sky in flame. Our vengeance burns brighter still. Every last traitorous soul shall kneel. The ash of the Taung beats strong within the Mandalorians' heart. We are the rage of The Warriors of the Shadow, The first noble sons of Mandalore. As ruthless as Death itself, we are the pitiless face of a Mandalorian's wrath, Let us look down on all who come before us. Brothers all, one heart of justice. 

With that, the Mandalorians cheered. Though Blake had her doubts, she would not falter. As the Mandalorians prepared for war, Blake spoke to Sienna. 

Blake: These men and women will follow you into death itself. I hope you at least will lead them well.

Sienna: This war ends tonight, Belladonna. We will not stop until our enemies are reduced to ash. Dooku may have left us to die at the hands of the Republic, but we will not go gently into the night. 

As Clan Khan prepared for war, Blake's mind fell to her encounter with Maul. 

Maul: If only you knew just who you truly serve. Are you that blind to what is going on that you would willingly walk to your deaths?

SiennaPast): Enough of your poisonous words! You will meet the same fate as the Dutchess!

As Sienna and her followers readied their weapons, Blake took note of Maul's words. It was clear to her that Maul knew more than he was letting on.

Blake(Past): What do you mean? You know something.

Maul: You're smarter than the others. The one you serve is but a pawn in a much larger game. 

As those words echoed in Blake's head, she couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was about to befall on Mandalore. In spite of those doubts, Blake prepared for war.