Chapter 2

Mitch's POV

This is weird... Really weird. Not like awkward, but nothing like this has ever happened before. People are always pushing me away and ignoring me, and this man I've never met before suddenly pays attention to me and helps me out. Why? Why is he being so nice? I'm not any better than garbage people toss on the street, which is basically what happened to me anyway! It's whatever though. I'm not gonna be in Scott's way for very long. I'm sure this is burdening him enough.

We walk up to this nice house that I assume is Scott's. It's better looking than I could've ever dreamed of living in. He puts the keys in the door and opens it. We walk in and he sets me on the couch. I look around at the decorations and it's different than any other house I've seen. The decoration that really caught my eye though was a wall by what I assume is the kitchen that had a painting of a shirtless man's chest on it. I might've stared at it for a little too long and then I looked at Scott, who was walking down the hallway toward me with a rag and a first aid kit in his hands. He knelt down beside me and opened up the kit.

"Don't worry, Mitch. I'm gonna help you." Scott said kindly, putting some alcohol on the rag he was holding. He held it up to my forehead and I winced in pain, not even realizing I was cut there.

"Sorry, I know it's painful, but it'll help." He said, holding it there. I took this time to get a good look at Scott. He had blonde hair that was hiding behind his hat, blue eyes that reminded me of clean water, lips that weren't too big or too small that always seemed to have some kind of kindness showing on them, a sharp jawline, broad shoulders and chest, and abs.... wow, those abs....

"You ok, Mitch? You haven't said anything since we got here." Scott said, concern showing on his face. I nodded.

"I'm fine." I said weakly, giving him what little smile I could before I cheeks burned from the beating I received earlier. He smiled back.

"I hope so. I'll be right back." He said, running to the kitchen. He came back shortly after with an ice pack in his hands. He handed it to me.

"Here, put this on your eye. It looks really bad." He said before running into the other room. I looked into a mirror on the other side of the room and gasped at what I saw. My reflection didn't look like me, or what I remember of me. I haven't seen myself in months. My brunette hair was wild and messy and greasy, my clothes were tattered and filthy, every visible part of my skin was absolutely horrid, and my left eye was so purple it stood out like a sore thumb. No wonder I could barely open it! I set the ice pack on my eye and laid my head back on the couch. Scott came back a few minutes later with some clothes in his hands.

"Here, Mitch. Go take a shower and put these on while I wash your clothes. I'll get it ready for you. Can you walk ok?" asked Scott caringly. I nodded as I sat up and set my feet on the ground, standing up successfully. I took a few steps before my legs gave out from under me and I fell to the floor. Scott ran quickly to my side and helped me up, supporting me on one arm like he did on the way here.

"Your leg is injured really badly, Mitch. As long as you don't walk around in the shower, I think you'll be fine." Scott said as we made our way to the bathroom. He sat me down on the closed toilet so I could rest while he went outside to get the clothes he dropped and a towel. He came back later and turned on the water for me.

"I'll wait outside. When you get your clothes off, wrap up in a towel and give them to me to wash, then you can shower. Take as much time as you need." Scott instructed, shutting the door behind him.

I took off my clothes as carefully as my aching body would allow and just stood for a moment in front of the mirror. Even my chest and legs that were hidden under my clothes were absolutely filthy, but not as bad as the rest of me that was exposed to the world 24/7. As I looked at myself, only one thing tan through my mind. I hope Scott doesn't find out... I hope no one finds out... No one can find out... suppress it... he can't know... he cares too much and i don't want him to worry..... Don't let him find out....

After gazing in the mirror for a few second, I wrapped up in the towel that Scott gave me and opened the door to find Scott waiting across the hall. I extended my arms with my clothes in them and Scott took them hesitantly, waiting before actually reaching out and taking them.

"Thanks. You can use anything you need to wash up." said Scott quietly, then walked down the hall quickly, his face a slight shade of red. I shrugged as I closed the door and got in the shower.

Scott's POV

Mitch opened the door and handed me his clothes. Mitch was really skinny, but somehow still really fit. Under all of the dirt and filthiness, he actually had a really nice figure. I probably examined him a little too long before taking his clothes.

"Thanks. You can use anything you need to wash up." I said quietly before making my way to the washer quickly, a slight shade of red playing on my cheeks. Mitch closed the door and I heard him enter the shower.

I really hope I made the right choice in taking him in. I mean, he's a total stranger that could just steal my stuff and go. It's a wild card at this point, but itch doesn't really look dangerous. If anything, he looks completely harmless. I throw his clothes in the washer and started it, then went to the closet and took out a rag to wash the couch where Mitch laid. I washed it quickly and put down a pillow and some blankets for Mitch to sleep with, then I went to the kitchen to put my groceries away. By the time I heard the water to the shower go off, about an hour and a half had passed and it was 1:30am. I was tired, but I usually don't sleep until late anyway so the time didn't really affect me.

"Scott!? Can you help me walk?" I heard Mitch say from the bathroom loud enough so I could hear.

"Of course!" I replied as I made my way to the bathroom and hesitated in front of the door. "Are you decent?" I heard Mitch giggle a little bit.

"Yes!" He said as I opened the door and smiled. He was dressed in a t-shirt and shorts that I lent him. They were way too big, but it still worked. He was a whole lot cleaner than earlier, actually he was pretty much spotless. His wounds, especially his eye, looked better then before as well. I went up to him and he put his arm around my shoulders like before and we made our way to the couch. I laid him down and he looked up at me.

"Are you sure it's ok for me to stay here?" He asked quietly. I smiled.

"Of course! You can stay here as long as you need." I said. "Do you need more blankets?" He shook his head and made I started to walk back to my room.

"Scott?" Mitch said quietly. I turned back around.

"Thank you... for all of this. This is the nicest thing anyones ever done." he said. I smiled.

"No problem!" I said. I turned back around and turned off the light to the living room and walked into my own room, shutting the door behind me. I really hope this isn't a mistake. I hope he isn't a criminal, or worse...

I hope he doesn't find out what I'm hiding....