𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

Humming to herself, Sabrina stood outside a white house, staring up at the pristine building with Aaliyah by her side

Humming to herself, Sabrina stood outside a white house, staring up at the pristine building with Aaliyah by her side. A sigh passed by her lips as she saw flashes of her blonde locks pass her vision, the wind showing no mercy to the teenagers stood in its sectors. Sharing a look as a way to reassure one another, they walked towards the front door, deciding to get it over and done as quickly as they possibly could. Aaliyah pushed down on the door handle and held it open for Sabrina, allowing the blonde to step inside first, sending her a curt nod before looking around the hallways.

Nothing stood out to her at first, it all seemed like a normal family home. If one were to just walk in they wouldn't think anything was wrong with it, there was no signs of disruption. Aaliyah whistled quietly as they made their way through the hallway, walking past happy family photographs hung proudly along the walls. Sabrina's hands went out and she grazed the wall slightly, wincing as screams of children pierced her ears, immediately retracting that manicured nail.

A concerned look was sent her way by her friend and she mumbled out the words 'are you alright' and she could only nod, still shaken up slightly. Saying nothing else, they headed into the kitchen and began working their way around it, as if they'd lived here for years. Sitting back down with a biscuit and a cup of tea, Sabrina grabbed her bag and placed into onto the table before them. While her friend sipped on her tea, the blonde went through her bag to pull out the various notes they'd gathered for the house they were investigating. She was still slightly dazed from what she seen, like she always was whenever she did it.

Sabrina's abilities laid in her touch, being able to see all she needed with the briefest contact with anything. When she first discovered she had the gift, she'd been scared, seeing things no child should ever see. Hours of training made her able to control it, she got to choose when she saw. Whenever she did use it, she hated it and didn't see how anyone could refer to it as a gift.

It wasn't anything to be envious of, who would want to willingly hear the screams and pleads as someone lost their life, see flashes of their panicked faces as their life drained from their face?

"What is it that we're looking for?" Aaliyah asked her friend, biting into her biscuit as she peered over her shoulder, trying to get a glimpse of the writing.

"It's a mother and everything here says her entire world was her children, her source has got to be something related to them." Sabrina announced, tapping her pen against the table in front of them. "We should check the children's room first and then move onto the parents bedroom after, if we don't find anything."

The black haired girl nodded, bringing her cup to his lips as she took a sip, sighing in content as the liquid went down her throat. "Sounds like a plan."

Tea always reminded her of Lockwood and it brought a frown to her face as she thought of him. One thing about him was he loved tea, anything could happen and he'd be there, drinking his tea. It used to be fairly amusing for the girl and many arguments had been caused because she'd spoken to him early in the morning, before he'd had his daily cup of tea.

"You brought the chains this time, right?" Sabrina quipped, raising her brow at the girl as she grinned innocently.

"Of course I have." Aaliyah responded, ignoring her friend's unimpressed look. "It was one time, you need to let it go."

"No, we almost got ghost locked because you forgot, so, no, I'm not going to let it go, you prick." Sabrina retorted, sending a fake smile her way as she wrapped her hands around the warm cup.

They both knew the argument wasn't serious, a little bickering that was it. "And we made it out alive, see, not a big deal, everyone's happy." Aaliyah smirked, shrugging nonchalantly while the blonde's eyes rolled, shaking her head at her confidence.

After around ten minutes had passed, various more sarcastic comments had been shared amongst the two but they had a clear plan. Looking up from the pages in front of her, she closed the book and grinned at her friend. "You ready?" Sabrina asked, downing the contents of her cup, dropping it back onto the table in front of her.

"Yeah," she grabbed her drink and mimicked her prior actions, "let's go do this."

When they left the kitchen, they searched for around ten minutes, cautiously looking for any signs of the ghost or her source. It was only when they arrived at the children's bedroom did they find it, Sabrina was right. The rest of the job went quickly and easily, barely having time to stay around the ghost's temper. This was possibly their fastest job yet and they were thankful they didn't have to spend too long in that house, it was filled with agony.

Exiting the house, they headed back to Fitte's after receiving a message earlier that their supervisor Ellie wanted to speak to them after their job. The glass doors opened up as they approached, allowing them to enter the dimly lit building that seemed just as beautiful at night.

Almost instantly Ellie gave them their new case, they'd barely made themselves comfortable on the chairs opposite her desk. "DEPRAC wants you to keep an eye on three people, Lucy Carlyle, George Karim and Anthony Lockwood. They worry about them and fear they're not following the rules properly, which is why you guys need to make sure they don't hurt themselves or anyone else." Ellie explained to the two and Sabrina's eyes widened in horror, she'd rather be ghost locked than have to willingly protect him.

"Is Kipps and his team not willing to do this? Why does it have to be us?" Aaliyah complained, slouching in her chair.

Ellie shot her a look and forced her to sit up straight almost instantly. Before the woman could continue, the blonde cut her off. "I thought we are agents not babysitters." Sabrina added to the complaints.

"You are agents and you've been put onto a new case, but while you are doing so you need to keep an eye on Lockwood and Co." Ellie explained, sending them a pitying smile. "I know it's not ideal, but it's what you've been asked to do."

Sabrina huffed childishly, it didn't make any sense, why were they being forced into a case where they had to babysit the reckless Agency run by an egotistical teenager?

"Right," Ellie looked at the two sternly, although a smile formed on her face, "you leave in two days for Combe Carey Hall, I suggest you use this time to get as much research as you can."

Words~1182.
{edited:no}