Chapter 12 - Date A Otaku

Start from the beginning

Nia blushes up a storm, her face resembling a tomato. "I- Er- Kinda? We're on a first date right now." Nia attempts to explain.

"Well that's nice." She walks to me. "My name is Miyamoto Kirino, the owner of this store. Pleased to meet you." She greets with a slight bow.

"Nice to meet you as well." I say, mirroring her bow. "My name is-" Shit, I thought up a first name, but not a last one! Well, I took my first name from a harem anime protagonist, might as well do the same for the last one! "-Sahashi Issei." I've only ever read fanfiction of Sekirei, but oh well. "Though I'm not one for being overly formal, so please just call me Issei."

"Well then, just call me Kirino, or Obaa-san, Issei-kun." She says with a smile, before turning to Nia. "This one's a keeper, Nia-chan." She teases, causing Nia's blush, already massive and bright, to somehow grow bigger and brighter as she recoils a bit.

I laugh quite hard at this. "Oh, you and I are gonna get along just fine, Obaa-san!"

Obaa-san lets out a bark of laugh. "I agree, Issei-kun."

"Geez, stop teasing me you two!" Nia shouts.

I chuckle a bit. "Sorry, Nia."

"Well, now that we're all calmed down, what can I do for you, Nia-chan?" Obaa-san asks her. Nia merely smiles and I already know what's gonna be next.

—————

Yup, Nia got us set up for some cosplay. I've never tried this stuff, but it was pretty fun.
Not long after, I see Nia come out, in a cosplay from one of her favorite animes, one I've never heard of. I've found some animes here never existed back home, but pretty much all the ones back home exist here. Only my head is peeking out from the curtains of the dressing room.

"Well, what do ya think?" She asks, gesturing to herself. She wears a black coat with grey trim covering a white shirt and black tie. She also has a small, black cloak that's red on the inside, just like her coat. Her pants are grey. There are also black boots with grey trim, of mismatching height, the right ending above her knee, the left in the middle of her shin. She also has twin silver pistols in her hand and her glasses on her face.

"Badass." I say. "I guess great minds think alike."

"How's that?" She asks, confused.

"Well.." I say, leaving the room. Nia gasps at my outfit. I'm wearing an exact copy of Dante's outfit from Devil May Cry 2. That game may suck, but it has the best looking outfit for Dante in the whole series. I won't describe it because my words won't truly do it justice. I put on my white wig and pull out the copies of Dante's pistols, Ebony and Ivory. "We both went for the gun-slinging badass outfits." I say, with a Dante-esque grin.

"Whoa! You look badass!" The grey haired Spirit shouts.

"I can't believe I doubted Obaa-san. She really outdid herself with this!" I say, looking at myself.

"I know right? Obaa-san's the best at makin' cosplay stuff." Nia says, with a grin.

After that, we tried out a few more outfits and bought them. I never knew how expensive this stuff was, so I had to use Helel to make money and literally re-write the governent's data on the money they've printed.

People might think 'Oh, I'll just make money!', but no, if I did that, I'd have the feds, or rather their Japanese equivalent, on my ass in mere seconds.

Hope this doesn't cause inflation...

—————

Afterwards, we walked around the city a bit, until something catches my eye. One of those ramen stalls. I always see them in anime and stuff, but seeing one in real life is kinda odd. "You hungry?" I ask Nia, pointing to the stand.