"He did not have to." Irisa gritted out, she couldn't believe that he had lied all this while. She was going to die believing her husband was crippled and he wouldn't have said anything.

"What do you mean m'lady?"

"The prince was never crippled, he just pretended to be."

"I was crippled!"

"Not while I met you! I knew it! You were at Hasten right? You and Raymond, by the tree side killing another man! We saw it that night!" Aaron looked away, sighing.

"We need to..."

"No! You will not say anything to me, are we clear?" she asked angrily. Irisa turned back to Nancy, "I need your help, he is weak so he would have to stay in the carriage for his safety. Aaron will stay with him in the carriage, I do not want to see his face." Irisa helped Samuel into the carriage leaving the carriage wheeler who seemed unbothered by his master walking.

"Let us leave, we should arrive in Omoral within four hours, we have to pay King Edge a visit and have some discussions." Irisa tucked him well and he smiled, thanking her.

She nodded and moved outside the carriage, Aaron stood there staring at what she was doing. She couldn't just imagine that he had been lying to her, to everyone since whenever.

"We need to talk Irisa, that what the maiden said we should do," this was the first time he was calling and name and even though she loved the way he called it, she couldn't look past his lies.

"I am not talking to you Aaron, I want nothing to do with you!" she said walking toward Samuel's horse, Nancy sat her position next to the carriage wheeler, ready to go.

"Irisa I had my reasons for not telling you, I didn't know you that much, it is my deepest secret I could not tell you."

"What else are you hiding Aaron? Why is the mask still on your face! I am sure you are hiding something underneath the mask too right."

"No, nothing Irisa please hear me out, I could not have said anything, I was unsure."

"Well thank you Aaron, thank you for telling me where I stand in your life. I thought this past few days meant something to you, to us! Well I think I was wrong," she looked down, blinking her angry tears away. She climbed unto the horse angrily, wiping her face furiously, "the time we spent on this journey means something to me Irisa, we are meant to be together!"

"I thought we did, but how am I supposed to trust you after this? Everyone thinks that you are paralyzed. I even accepted that fact even though I felt so shallow that I was being disrespected, so all this was just for show?! It was a lie along!" she said angrily and kicked the horse violently.

Aaron stepped back out of reflex and the horse jolt forward. He sighed and walked back toward Raymond who stared at him knowingly, he remembered asking Aaron to tell his wife, if she was going to be his forever sooner or later she would find out.

Aaron walked toward the carriage and entered it, he glared at Samuel who was merely resting, the carriage wheeler started their journey back to Omoral.

* * * *
Three days later.

Throughout the journey, Irisa had religiously avoided Aaron to his dismay, he didn't know he had hurt her to that extent. He sighed as soon as they entered the capital, Samuel was generally quiet, he said nothing about Aaron faking his paralysis but Aaron couldn't help but feel that he was going to destroy everything he had worked for.

He had sent a letter to inform the empress of the lie they had told, they went to Omoral and found a healer who healed Irisa, she is resting and wouldn't be able to anyone as she was still somewhat weak.