𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑉

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 of dawn could arrive, the Bellicose members had packed up their tent to prepare for the next day of travelling. They could smell the burnt ashes from the fire of the other camp, which was in conflict with the freshness of living wood. Once the sun would come up, their tent could be easily spotted within the forest and even they would be much easier to spot.

Kiano rolled his head around to crack his neck and loosen it from its tightness. With great effort, he stuffed the tent back into his pouch and tied it shut. 'Knowing them, they won't start moving until sunrise, giving us about an hour to get familiar with this place,' he said as he strapped his pouch back in its position.

'Maybe there's an orchard nearby or we can find some fruit,' Chrys wondered.

Kiano nodded as a reply and began to walk north. His gaze was focused to the ground, seeing everything that would make a noise under his heavy boots even with how little light the moon was still casting. The girls had to pay attention to him since his footsteps were barely audible, though the white shirt helped with spotting him.

Chrys grabbed a hold of her stomach and felt the emptiness inside. She was craving any type of fruit, except for oranges. She missed the taste of sweetness with the food they'd gathered to eat on their trip

She wanted to talk to Kiano, who was walking next to her, but refrained herself from doing so when she noticed his white knuckles in the pale moonlight. He was so focused on the road ahead it seemed that he was unconsciously squeezing into his wand that Victoria had managed to make within the short time frames they had in-between their travels.

The wand felt like a stranger to Kiano and if there was something Kiano despised, it was strangers. Unlike Alexis' pliantly flexible wand, his wand would never yield much like Kiano himself.

Victoria's father and other wand makers could all agree that Kiano's wand spoke volumes about him, even if he couldn't see it himself. Hawthorn wood—a wood known for its complexity—combined with a dragon heartstring and no flexibility made for a wand with endless possibilities and complexities. A wand so fiercely loyal to the one that won them over, it mirrored Kiano to the T.

Victoria had noticed his wand the day they first saw each other. Kiano was among the first ones to be sorted by the Sorting Hat. She remembered how quiet it was in the Great Hall while moments before, it was full of life and laughter. Many first-years and even second-years seemed to be afraid of him. She could understand why.

The Adore family was one of the most well-known wizarding families and everyone had recognised the four brothers before Kiano by their stormy grey eyes. They were kind boys, sweet boys even. Kiano wasn't like that. He sneered and glared at everyone daring to return his gaze. The bright-blue of his irises were dulled by the deadpan stare that was permanently stuck on his face.