0.5: Make Time For Family Or Family Time ?

Upon getting to the charters gate, two people came out to greet them. The prefects of the New Zara Charter. Kang Kwan & Kang Kyung-Mi. Each having neon purple eyes & the most healing of smiles. Cedric hugged Kwan, but bowed to Kyung-Mi. Kwan was the more energetic of the two. "You've been gone for months, hyung ! I am glad you're back !"

Cedric smiled as Kyung-Mi seemed more reserved. "누구세요? 어디서 그를 찾았나요?" (Who is this ? Where did you find him ?) She spoke with an elegant tone. Taehyun did feel a bit frustrated he was basically being talked of as if he couldn't speak for himself, but he was for the most part intrigued. Cedric pointed at him, "This is Kang Taehyun. He's been in Monzara under the care of the Headmistress of the Little Wands Academy." His surname alone had both of the prefects in shock as they let them inside. 

Soojin was who they came across first in the hall. She didn't have neon purple eyes. In fact, a few people didn't have the unnatural eye color. Kwan excitedly addressed Taehyun to her, "엄마! 강태현 씨를 소개할게요." (Mom ! I'd like you to meet Kang Taehyun.) As her eyes settled on Taehyun she teared up. It couldn't be, could it ? "Cedric, is this ? Did you ?" They weren't full questions, but Cedric knew what Soojin was implying. He simply nodded. 

Soojin had a few tears fall as she lead them into the Headmasters office where her husband sat at his desk. They were duel headmasters of the charter. Jae-Hwa looked up finding his wife in tears. "What is it, honey ? Why are you crying ?" Soojin couldn't get the words out ,& this is when Jae-Hwa looked to his daughter Kyung-Mi. Jae-Hwa having the unnatural neon purple eyes to match his children. Kyung-Mi avoided her father' gaze, staring at Taehyun. 

Cedric spoke up seeing as Soojin couldn't. "This is Taehyun, sir..." Soojin was being comforted by Kyung-Mi & Kwan since she had yet to stop crying. Jae-Hwa slowly approached Taehyun. His purple eyes pouring into Taehyun'. "정말이에요, 세드릭? 잃어버린 아들을 집에 데려왔나요?" (Is this true, Cedric ? Have you brought our lost son home ?) Cedric who usually had complete confidence, seemed extremely inferior to Jae-Hwa. Taehyun looked shocked. Son ? Had Cedric brought him to his parents ? They were alive ? He had siblings ? Cedric nodded once more answering him, "It is. I brought Taehyun home."

Jae-Hwa & Soojin embraced Taehyun. His siblings still keeping a bit of distance. Not that he blamed them. Soojin nudged her husband. "Why don't you take Taehyun into the courtyard garden ?" Jae-Hwa simply agreed with his wife' suggestion. 

Soon enough they sat on a bench. Taehyun overlooked the breathtaking courtyard garden. "I am sure you have questions. You have every right to ask them, Taehyun ah." Could you blame him ? Taehyun was finally meeting his parents. Of course he has questions. "왜요? 왜 절 버렸어요?"(Why ? Why did you abandon me ?) Jae-Hwa visibly tensed as he could tell this plagued Taehyun immensely. "Abandon you ? That was never our intention, Taehyun ah. Your mother & I went into hiding shortly after you were born. We went back for you, but we couldn't find you." They came back for him ? This eased Taehyun' nerves slightly. 

"Why did you go into hiding ? Was it because of what you did to Sim Jeongsan ?", Taehyun asked knowing very well his parents were just as guilty of what happened with Jeongsan. He especially felt guilty since his friends all sent their parents to the penitentiary. Except for Huening Kai, of course. "Oh, you know about that ? Yes. We hid after we received an ominous letter one day. It probably was just supposed to be harmless, but it had us paranoid. We thought it was Jeongsan looking for revenge..." 

However, this wasn't entirely why they ran. Taehyun could tell that talking about this wasn't easy at all. "What was it then ? I assume it wasn't Jeongsan hyung who sent the letter." Jae-Hwa sighed before continuing, "우리는 일반적으로 마법의 능력에 대한 투쟁이 없기 때문에 많은 사람들은 순수한 피를 싫어했습니다. 특히 많은 순수한 혈혈단신 가족들이 특별한 선물을 이용하고 있습니다. 우린 우리가 쫓기는 줄 알았죠." (Many people hated purebloods since we generally have no struggles with magical abilities. Especially with many pureblooded families harnessing exceptional gifts. We thought we were being hunted down.) Taehyun then understood why New Zara was its own ,& why people who lived here didn't keep their entrance open to the rest of Monzara. His parents were probably still worried they'd be either killed or come across Jeongsan. 

"Does our family have an exceptional gift ? Is that why our eyes are purple ?" Taehyun asked starting to understand everything he was being told. He wasn't left behind on purpose. Jae-Hwa grinned. He seemed happy that Taehyun wanted to embrace their family gift. "Our class of purebloods are very different from The Jade Faction... We have no issues with those in our family without the gift. Our class is called the Heliotrope Sect..."

Taehyun was curious. "What is our gift ?" Jae-Hwa honestly looked happy that Taehyun was taking all this information in. Probably glad his son didn't completely hate him. "Our gift ? Blood magic. A rare form. Our blood has wonderful magical properties that can influence our abilities, & strengthens our bonds with others. A blood pact is the highest form of a bond for people with our gift..." The special properties in their blood allowed them to cheat time. 

Taehyun suddenly had a fleeting thought about Beomgyu, "Can we have blood pacts with other purebloods ?" Jae-Hwa had a look in his eye like he was reminiscing. "네. 가능해요, 태현아."(Yes. It is possible, Taehyun ah.)