Chapter 3 🔞

Namjoon quickly checks if there's enough drinks for his guests. The caterers have set up the food across the marbled kitchen table. His apartment looks nothing like usual. All the toys are hidden behind closed doors that lead to the bedrooms. Even his Playstation isn't in the living room anymore because he can not afford to have a distracted Jungkook diverting from his mission.

The guests arrive one by one and by 8 PM almost everyone has arrived except for Jungkook. Namjoon is truly his best to avoid Hoseok who keeps trying to cling onto him every chance he gets.

It's awkward having a student over at his place with no one else his age to entertain him. Maybe Hoseok is right. Namjoon does treat Hoseok like a child. He sincerely hopes Jungkook comes soon.

"Where are you?" he texts Jungkook.

"Omw! Hyung took forever to get dressed." Jungkook replies moments before entering the apartment.

There are auditable cheers. His friends are happy to see Yoongi. It's been a long time since Namjoon and his friends saw Yoongi in any of their parties. Everyone always picks sides in a break-up. Yoongi picks the side Namjoon was not on. He avoided every event and gathering Namjoon was going to be a part of. He even skipped attending one of their best friend's weddings.

Yoongi has emotionally torturous Namjoon enough but he has tortured himself even more by not choosing to find a common ground with Namjoon.

Namjoon walks over to Yoongi with a drink in his hand.

"Here you go!" Namjoon says with his eyes trying their best to look at the other with kindness. Yoongi is reciprocating with a forced smile as he grabs the drink and walks away.

Namjoon grabs Jungkook and shoves him towards Hoseok. He introduces the two and walks away while praying to every power in the universe. He sincerely hopes Jungkook can be the one to take care of the massive menace named Jung Hoseok.

What Namjoon doesn't know is that Jungkook already knows him, quite well actually. Things are about to get complicated.

-------

Jungkook accepted the offer to help Namjoon with his Hoseok issue because Jungkook knows Hoseok. Jungkook has known Hoseok for over a year now.

The two study at the same university and even with thousands of students all around, Jungkook managed to find his way into Hoseok's life.

"Does he know?" asks Hoseok while swirling his soft drink in his glad. He is especially annoyed for not being allowed alcohol tonight.

"Not yet!" replies Jungkook as he nudges Hoseok into a corner.

"Wanna go over to my place?" he asks and Hoseok sets the glass down on the coffee table before replying "Only if you have something stronger to drink.".

The two sneak out of the party before Namjoon or Yoongi can notice their exit and walk over to the apartment across the hall.

Hoseok walks a few steps behind Jungkook as he fixes his hair and checks his breath. He did not plan on doing anything tonight but Jungkook might be a good distraction. The professor seems too busy with his friends and Hoseok needs to vent.

Jungkook unlocks the door and walks in while gesturing Hoseok to follow him. And the door soon shuts behind them. The corridor is empty again. Behind these soundproof living spaces, no one really knows what goes on behind the closed doors.

"Beer?" asks Jungkook while grabbing two cans from his refrigerator and Hoseok nods. The two open the cans that fill the silence living room with a fizzy pip and for the next minute, the only sounds you can here are them chugging down their frothy fermented drinks.