Carson shoves and punches him in the face. He falls onto the ground and she bends down with knife in hand. "Walk. The fuck. Away".

He definitely does and he didn't come back after that.

Pink swings Melvin's bat like he's about to inflict some major damage to Mitch's ass but just gives him a little tap. Carson signs and walks over to them.

Melvin's shitting bricks now but he nods at Carson, trying not to get on her bad side. "But hey man. Know us, we've got a few sixers, you with us".

Pink nods and the other boy speeds away away. "Er yeah, I've gotta go home and change. I'll catch up with you okay?"..

Carson scoffs at Pink still standing there. "Leave for a second". He does, slowly but surely.

Carson signs and walks over towards Mitch, who has his head down.

She only took so long to see if he was okay because the assholes were there and she wanted to make sure they were gone so they couldn't do anything else.

She stands next to him and puts a comforting hand onto his shoulder.

"Hey, Mitch's are you oka-".

Before she can even finish her sentence, he quickly turns towards her.

He falls onto her and wraps his hands around her waist, tightly holding on. He sobs into her neck.

She throws her arms around him, holding onto him tighter and putting her head on top of his.

She strokes his hair and pulls back with one of her hands on his face. "Hey Mitchy. It's gonna be okay. I'm here for you. I'll always be".

Even if they might bicker a lot, they are still best friends and will always be there for each other, no matter what.

He smiles with tears in his eyes, staring into her eyes with the same look that he had earlier.

Nothing but admiration, might even..lovesick. He's just so grateful he has someone like her in his life.

They stand there in silence for a moment, Carson with her hands on his face and his on her waist.

The grasshoppers and moonlight surrounds them. They stare at each other, not saying a word.

Well until someone coughs, so they lift their heads

Pink raises an eyebrows and puts a hand onto his hip. "Need a ride?".

They hurriedly pull away from each other and cough .

Mitch's the one to open his mouth first. "Yeah. Er, I think they left me".

He takes Carson's hand into his and she turns red at that. Well damn.

Carson smiles at Pink and squeezes her hand. "Yea, sure man".

The older teen smiles back and  hands Mitch his cap and glove. "There you go man".

They get into the car and Pink drives, Mitch rides shotgun, and Carson in the back. The two teens let go of each other hands, much to their disappointment.

Pink's busy explaining something to them but more to Mitch. "Yeah there's always one senior who has to be the bad ass".

"I think O'Bannion's going to be the first senior in history to take that honour two years in a row".

Mitch goes to question the older teen. "That guy's a dick. Right?".

Carson mumbles to herself, causing the boys to chuckle. "He sucks it too".

"Yeah, he's er, kind of a joke. He's not a bad guy to have on your side though blocking for ya".

Mitch agrees and continues on with questions. "Yeah. Did you get it bad when you were a freshman?".

"Shit man. Ah. They waited for my ass after baseball practice got me. God it was vicious".

They laugh out loud and the senior continues on.

" I mean actually it is best to get a lot at once you know, because after about ten licks your ass gets so numb you might as well get it over with. I don't know, I had some pretty cool seniors though. They'd take you out and bust the hell out of you then go get you drunk, you know stuff like that".

Carson quietly and tiredly sits there listening.

Mitch turns to Pink when they pull up to his house. "Cool. But I'm surprised Carson hasn't said much since she loves to do that".

Carson chuckles and leans into her seat with crossed arms. "Whatever you say princess. You love when I talk because it takes attention off of you".

She smirks and looks at him through the mirror. "Through I give you enough of that but then again you love my attention".

Mitch turns really red and he looks away from the eye contact.

He shifts his head to Pink and thanks him. "Thanks man". He opens his car door.

"No problem".

Mitch gets out, walks to the other side and onto the side walk.

Pink says his goodbyes to him through the window. "Yeah, anytime".

He pauses before Mitch before he can walk away. "Er, hey man, look. Since the party is not going on me and some of the other guys will probably end up just riding around. You want us to stop by and pick you up?".

He turns toward the girl in the back seat and grins at her. "You can go too, Car". A nickname basis now.

Mitch pushes a hair behind his ear. "What you think that's a good idea?".

"He looks so pretty- wait what".

Carson coughs and looks away when Mitch notices her staring and makes eye contact.

What she didn't know is that he smiled at her staring.

She's thinks about her life again like she does every hour.

Pink leans over his car door. "Oh yeah, sure man no problem. Even after you've gotten it bad even the guys that haven't got you will give you a few days to rest. It'd be a pretty cool move to show up and let them know it doesn't bother you that much".

"Yeah okay, cool.".

Pink smiles at him. "See you later".

Mitch decides to thank him again. "Yeah sure. Thanks for the ride man".

"Hey, man, er". Pink reminds him. "Put some ice on it for a while. After that it won't be anything a few beers can't take care of."

Mitch nods and gazes over at Carson. He sweetly smiles at her. "Bye, C. I'll see you later. Thank you for everything ".

Carson gives him a jokingly Padgett wave and she tiredly smiles back. "I'll see you in your nap dreams, princess".

He giggles at her, turns his direction around and jogs inside.

After a silence car ride, Pink drops Carson off at her house, she thanks him and runs inside.

Jamie smiles at her from the couch. "Hey sis".

She greets him and pauses. "I'm gonna be going to a sleepover with one of my girl friends just to let your know".

Jamie turns towards her and then to the Tv. "Oh....okay stay safe and be back here early. And I  ...missed you sis".

Carson grins and jogs up the stairs to her bedroom. She flops onto her bed and puts on a record player.

'Let it be by The Beatles'.