Picnic in the Rain - Kazuha

You stumbled into an inn with Kazuha through the down-pouring rain. The two of you were soaked through, but you were smiling nonetheless. Your hair clung to you as you wiped away water from your face.

"You weren't kidding!" You laughed as you tried to wring yourself out just outside the door of the inn.

Kazuha couldn't stop beaming. "The wind did tell me it was going to be big, but this..." he gestured outside the door with a chuckle, "was more than I expected!"

You both had been on an evening picnic when the storm had suddenly rolled over the skies. You had secretly hoped to watch the sunset with Kazuha - and maybe even tell him how you really felt about him - but the clouds had quickly covered up the sun and your hopes for confessing. Kazuha had packed up the picnic then taken you to find shelter in a town nearby to wait out the storm. You had brought some extra overnight clothes in your travel bag just in case, but were they dry?

Kazuha looked over at you and suppressed a laugh. The state that your clothes and hair were in was quite the sight. The same could be said for Kazuha as well. You both felt like drenched cats who had fallen in a river in pursuit of a fish.

"Goodness, look at the sight of you two!" The innkeeper exclaimed as she approached the front desk. "I suppose you'll be looking for a room to dry off in then!"

"Then you've guessed right," Kazuha replied.

"I'm afraid I've only got one room left! It's only got the one bed... Is that going to be okay?" She asked.

Kazuha nodded, to your surprise. "Thank you, that will do just fine."

The innkeeper showed you to your room and stoked a large fire in the fireplace. "Get warm now! I'll see if the cook can get some leftover soup sent up. You two weren't the only poor travelers to wash up on our front door tonight!"

You changed into your slightly less damp pajamas and used a towel to dry off your hair in the bathroom first, then Kazuha took his turn. He had to resort to wearing a bath robe from the inn since he did not have any extra clothes like you did. His damp hair was undone from its usual ponytail and it now lay loosely around his shoulders. It was so different to see him with his hair down! You couldn't help but stare until you caught yourself, blushing. Kazuha didn't seem to mind though. After that, you both spread your clothes out in front of the fire for them to dry.

You sighed as you finally took a seat near the fireplace in a rocking chair with a blanket. Kazuha sat down too, and silence fell between you, broken only by the pounding of the rain and the crackle of the fire.

"I had a lot of fun today," you said quietly. "Even if we did get rained out."

Kazuha nodded in agreement. "It feels nice to slow down from my travels with you. I-"

Just then you let out a large sneeze. "Excuse me- *sniff* go on...?"

Kazuha now had his gaze on you though. He looked you up and down carefully. "Are you feeling okay? I hope you're not getting sick..."

"Im fine, really! Just a sneeze, that's all!"

Kazuha seemed to ignore you. He got up and reached over, putting the back of his hand to your forehead. The sudden touch made you blush a bit.

"You're warm," he noted.

"Look, it'll probably pass in the morning. We've got a warm fire, and I've got this blanket on me- ... Don't look at me like that!" You laughed. Kazuha was giving you a "yeah right" kind of look but he didn't call you out on your lies.

He couldn't take his eyes off you now, and you squirmed beneath your blanket. "I just worry. Hopefully that soup will be here soon..." Kazuha trailed off in thought and stared into the fire for a moment.