Sunny morning - Arataki Itto

The sun peeked annoyingly through the window of your bedroom, and a ray of light sliced across your eyelids, forcing you to wake up. As you blinked away sleep, you noticed just how bright the room was. With horror, you realized that you'd slept in way too long.

"No way!" You gasped as you threw the sheets off of yourself. You were about to jump off the bed when a hand grabbed your wrist.

"Hold on," a groggy voice said, "Where do you think you're going?"

You looked back to see Itto laying on the other side of the bed with a tired but playful look on his face. Your face flushed with red immediately as you remembered and the two of you had rented this hotel room to stay in together while you were traveling for commissions. Itto wanted to spend time with you and this was the only way you could squeeze him into your busy schedule. Itto had been meeting up with you like this for about five months now, and you had began to think of him as a boyfriend even though neither of you had officially asked one another out. It was something that has just happened. The thought of it made your stomach feel floaty and your heart beat wildly.

As those thoughts and memories ran through your mind, you stared across at Itto fondly. He stared back at you and seemed to have the same thought. He was still holding onto your wrist too.

He couldn't help but crack a huge grin. "Come here, you!"

You let out a small yelp as he yanked you back into bed with his strong arms. Before you knew it, you were wrapped up in his arms and he was kissing you on the neck. You had your back to him so it was hard to push away from him. He was shirtless too, and you felt your back bump against his muscles.

"Itto!" You giggled, fighting back by kicking your legs. "I've got commissions to go to!"

He threw his leg over top of yours possessively, his kisses escalating into small bites. You could feel his fangs on your skin and it sent excited shivers down your spine. You practically melted in his grasp and all at once his assault of kisses stopped.

"Do you give up?" He asked.

You rolled over in his grasp to face him, and you put your hands on his chest, ready to push away if he started in on you again. "Itto, I've really got to go! I'm late enough as is!"

"Oh come on, Y/N! Five more minutes wont kill ya will it?"

You sighed and glanced out the window. Your heart wanted to sleep in half the day with Itto, but your brain knew that there were commissions that needed urgent response.

"Okay, fine... five more minutes."

"Woohoo!" Itto laughed. He relaxed his grasp on you now that he was sure you were staying. He allowed you to settle in and get comfortable. You both closed your eyes snuggled for a while - Itto still had one arm wrapped around you - but you couldn't seem to keep your eyes closed for long now that your mind was racing.

You opened your eyes and looked across at Itto. He looked so peaceful, so happy. It made your heart swell with happiness, wishing this moment could last forever. Having him near made you feel right at home, like nothing could touch either of you.

You couldn't help yourself, staring at him like that. You reached a hand around the nape of his neck, weaving your fingers in his thick silver hair, and pulled yourself into a gentle kiss. When you pulled away, Itto had cracked his eyes open a little to look at you, and there was a smirk on his face.

"Itto, can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

You looked away shyly for a moment. "I feel safe in your arms, thats all."

Itto grinned arrogantly. "Well of course you do! Everyone feels safe when I'm around-!"

"Itto!" You laughed, poking him in the ribs to shut him up. "I really mean it, okay?"

He laughed with you and dropped the ego. "Okay okay. I-I'm glad..."

The two of you hugged and cuddled for the five minutes you promised him, and then you had to get up and leave.

Itto propped himself on the bed to watch you leave. As you took one last look at him to go, you tried to capture the way the sun was shining through the window and the way Itto's messy hair looked. It was the most perfect morning you'd ever had.