Chapter 12: Hit the Books

Newt felt so inclined as to smash his face into the wall, but ignored this inclination. He hated studying, sitting still, doing paperwork. In fact, it was his worst nightmare, or it used to be. With another frustrated sigh, he had done that a lot tonight, he slammed the book shut and set it on the desk in front of him. They had been studying for three solid days and, so far, had come up with nothing on the power of Obscurials and the origin of their powers, or how they could help Grindelwald rule the muggle and wizard world. Tina, Theseus, Hazel, and Queenie jumped at the sound while poor Jacob woke up screaming and fell off the couch with extreme force. Newt winced and apologized profusely.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle all of you." His guilt conscience screamed at him for scaring them. Tina noticed this and squeezed his hand to ground him.

"It's all right, Newt, I know you didn't mean to do it." She planted a kiss on his cheek and he returned it. He suddenly felt embarrassed, kissing his girlfriend in front of his mother and brother, but shrugged it off with one look at her beautiful star sapphire eyes. The way the light shone behind her eyes, like there was an essence of a star inside of them. Like fire in dark water. Theseus coughed, bringing the couple back to the present. The group was then startled by a noise coming from the fireplace, the fire turned green, then a greying professor stepped out, dusting off his suit.

"I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" Albus asked, cheekily. The brothers couldn't help but grin as their former professor strode over to them. Taking in the scene around him, Porpentina and Newton were holding hands, Theseus looked like he was about to laugh and cry at the same time, and Hazel was sporting a crazy smile, proud that her sons found love, she wasn't going to pretend she didn't notice Theo making eyes at professor Hicks. She remembered how hard it was for them when Leta died, it took a lot of butterbeer, ice cream, and late night talks to help them crawl out of the hole muggles call depression.

"You weren't interrupting, we were just going to take a break. I think I'm going to dream about reading tonight." Tina joked, or at least she hoped.

"Please don't! I know what kind of books you read, they're so boring!" Queenie gave a horrified expression, Jacob rubbed circles on her back to calm her.

"I haven't found much, just that Obscurials, Dementors and Lethifolds are related. When an Obscurial is removed from its host, they can become vessels of darkness, I mean, more than they are already. The stronger the Obscurial, the darker they become, that's how Lethifolds are created." Theseus finished explaining. Everyone looked dumbfounded at the discovery, including his brother.

"And you didn't think to share this?!" Queenie screeched.

"Sorry, I didn't think it was important." Tina and Newt face-palmed at the same time, shared a look, and blushed. Relationship goals, Theseus thought to himself, Queenie winked, approving of the comment.

"Theseus, this is very important information. It would make sense as to why he would want these creatures. Dementors have powerful abilities. You have an army of those things," Newt shuddered before continuing,"and it could create what some people call void energy. Void energy is very dark, negative energy that can destroy a human soul. Corrupt it. If Grindelwald got his hands on enough void energy, he could make a void bomb. If that void bomb goes off, it will release into the air, making everyone so depressed he can control and rule over them. That would be a living nightmare." Newt expressed. Suddenly, an idea sparked. He pulled up the projection of the map and zoomed in on the dots and their locations. Theseus and Tina sat up, noticing Newt had an idea. The dots. One in New York, one in Paris, one in Germany, a couple of outliers in Massachusetts, one in Kansas, and a LOT in Europe and the Middle East. That's when it dawned on the trio. The dots were Obscurials. They had the map to the world's Obscurials.

"We need to protect them. We need to protect all the Credences out there before Grindelwald gets to them." Tina decided. And that is one of the many reasons Newt loved his salamander.

"But we need to get going soon, Grindelwald's been searching for months. We don't know how long we have."

"I agree. The more people we protect, the less power his weapon has. We can turn the tide of this war. We can change things. We can end things. End the trail of bloodshed and tears that's gotten far too long. So go to bed, we have a big day ahead of us. It's time to end this war, once and for all." Theseus ended his speech with a fierce determination in his eyes. With that, they all stalked off to bed, thinking of what they needed to pack. It was time to end this war.

HEY GUYS! 1K!!!!!!!! THAT'S INSANE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE COMMENTS TOO, I LOVE READING THEM, THEY MAKE ME WANT TO KEEP GOING. I AM TRULY SORRY FOR THE IMPOSSIBLY LONG UPDATE, AND FAIRLY SHORT CHAPTER, LIFE HAS BEEN CRAZY. I SWEAR THIS MONTH IS CURSED OR SOMETHING. ANYWAY, THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE READS, I WILL KEEP UPDATING BUT THE CHAPTERS MIGHT COME A LITTLE SLOWER DEPENDING ON MY HOMEWORK LOAD. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT! LOVE YOU ALL!