There was no point dodging the actual problem for hours, so I cut straight to it, "explain. From the beginning". She was sat on my desk chair while I was standing with my arms crossed - trying to look as intimidating as possible so she would tell me the whole truth. In the past, I had been soft and welcoming, but that only made her tell me a half truth - now it was time for the whole story without leaving bits out in between. It was time she met bitchy Lucy who could make you spill the truth in minutes.

Looking up from the floor that had become interesting, she began, "I just invited all the girls from City round. I hadn't intended on drinking but they brought all the alcohol and I guess I just joined in with what they were doing". I frowned and rested my head on my hand. That had been surprisingly easy. Still very pissed off, I began to pace the room, "you lied to me, betrayed my trust and are so calm about it. How does that work?". She tightened her pony tail and looked up at me with a sad expression, "I'm so tired of shouting and being angry. I don't think I can take much more". Even more bewildered, I removed my head from my hand and asked, "take more of what?". She bit her lip and shook her head, "nothing. It doesn't matter. Now can I go?". She began to stand up but I stood in front of the door, trying to understand what she meant, "it does matter. You began to talk about it so it must be something". I could see a battle going on behind her eyes. As if she wanted to say something, but a part of her was holding back. She stood up again and this time her movement had more power and intent behind it as she tried to push past me - but I was having none of it. I smirked, "no chance. Sit back down and explain". Clearly not amused by my comment, she rolled her eyes and began to raise her voice, "fuck sake Lucy just let me passed!". I rolled my eyes back at her and glowered, "not until you tell me what the hell is going on!". She paused, took a deep breath and shot back at me, "maybe you should stop being so overprotective then I wouldn't feel like I had to do things behind your back all the time!". All the time? What else was she doing that I didn't know about. Any other person would see that as a truthful excuse for her behaviour, but I could see through her like she was a sheet of glass, "that's bullshit. Why can't you just tell me the whole truth?". She looked at me with a painful look in her eyes and said fairly calmly, "I can't tell you because it would absolutely break your heart if you knew, so just leave it". I paused and thought for a moment. Wondering what an earth could be that bad. Rosie was now lightly shaking - barely visible but I could see it. I'm not sure whether it was out of anger or sadness or any of the many emotions she seemed to have running riot in her mind. Taking a deep breath, I said, "i'm sure it won't be that bad". She said without even pausing for air, "you can believe what you want, but I could never ever bring myself to tell you myself". I pleaded with her, now really desperate for a clear explanation that wasn't muddled or only half true, "then who can tell me?". She glared at me and took my desperation as an excuse to push herself past me towards the door. When she opened it, she turned back to look at me and said barely above a whisper, "Beth Mead".

Beth's name was the last name that I would have expected her to say. I presumed it would be Keira or Steph or one of the girls at City. Not Beth who lived over 200 miles away and as far as I knew barely spoke to Rosie out of England camp.

Rosie's POV:

When I left the study, I had planned on making my way upstairs to huddle with Narla under a mountain of blankets. That's what I would always do whenever Lucy and I had argued or if I just felt sad. 

As I walked through the living area, I saw Keira sat on one of the sofas talking to someone. It seemed quite a tense conversation because she was saying things in an annoyed tone such as, "no I want to cancel the ones I've already booked, not book new ones". She made some weird hand movements towards me that I presumed meant that she wanted me to stay and not go anywhere. I tried to prepare myself for another conversation about what had happened. Even though Keira had never been angry at me like Lucy, she could still be disappointed. And that was the worst feeling in the world. I would much rather someone told me that they were angry at me rather than disappointed. It just felt like I had let them down - especially if it was Keira who said it to me.