Chapter 16

HAHAHA! SIKE!!!! DOUBLE POST, Y'ALL! So you see, what had happened was: when I was typing the last chapter, I didn't realize that it was going to be as long as it was. It wound up being over 17,000 words. As I continue to typing, I found a good point to cut it off at (after Y/N's nightmare) and cut everything after that and pasted it on to another chapter. If I would have continued into Sunday and Monday, it would have easily been over 35,000 words. So instead of one giant mega chapter, I decided to just type out two individual chapters and then post them at the same time so that way it wouldn't be necessary try to grind through a giant chapter. Plus, I also exhausted my 20 images per chapter limit last chapter so it was kind of necessary😅. As usual, this one is going to continue where the last chapter left off. Won't bore you with more details. Let's get into this one.

--------------------

Sunday Morning

Y/N's POV

I woke when the light hit me right in temple...Felt something cold touch my toes as it passed...(AN: 👀)

Upon feeling the cold sensation touch my feet, I realize that something was holding me, something warm...and soft...and smells....really...really good...

I look over and see Stars holding me as if her life depends on it, resting contently against me. Where did she come from...? Did she sneak into the bed last night when I was sleeping...?

As I went to try to remove her from my person, a faint memory resurfaced from the back of my mind....That dream...it felt...so real...The horror of realizing that they had been taken for me yet again but this time, permanently...

But something pulled me out of that nightmare...something warm and comforting...Was it her...? Did she sneak into the room to save me from the hell of my own mind...?

I stopped trying to unravel myself from her and take a moment to just look at her and memorize every detail on her face. Taking it all in as if it was the last time I'd ever see her. The hopelessness I felt when I thought I had lost her for good...I...don't know what I would do if...

I reached over and gently begin to caress her face, brushing some loose strands of hair away. I gently run my thumb along her cheek. She sighs subconsciously and I can see a small smile grace her lips.

"Y/N....Till death do us part....I do....."

She...does...? She does what? What could she possibly be dreaming about that she says....I...do...?..........Oh.........

...OH!!!

My eyes widened when I came to the realization of what she was dreaming about.  She's....dreaming about...me....about US...

......Getting married...?

My brain took a moment to process what that could possibly be...Stars and I being married...that...could be wonderful...

But I also remembered about what I talked about with Fuutarou and with the girls last night: how difficult a relationship, let alone a marriage, would be with me if I was to go pro...Would Stars really be okay with that? Would she really be okay with potentially not getting to see me for months at a time? Granted, nothing lasts forever...I would eventually retire younger than most people get to and finally get to start my life with her. But I just feel like it would be unfair for her to wait 10 to 15 years for us to do so...

I then remembered what Fuutarou told me: "None of that will matter to her because you guys will be together, even if you guys aren't physically together...."

I also remember him calling me a coward for not wanting to act on my feelings....

But how do I feel...?