TMROTRPATGYL c33

Episode 33: Queen for You

Euphie POV:

I was sitting in my room, staring blankly at the sky. Inside my mind, Father's words continuously replayed, keeping me from sleeping.

Looking back on my life from now... just how many things have I actually chosen on my own?

I became Algarde-sama's fiancée and was known for being the brilliant daughter of the duke. It's no doubt that I'm talented. Not only that, I've put in the work to match my talent. But, was any of that truly my will...? Frankly speaking, I don't feel pride from those things.

If I was told that these things happened merely because they were asked of me... I wouldn't be able to deny it. It was just that. Perhaps that's the reason I was unable to do anything about it.

It was easy to follow. To be shown the path. All I had to do was move towards the goal. Then it was over. I suppose I've spent my life just tracing the paths and goals given to me. Not worrying, not being misled, not doubting.

"...What will I choose?" (Euphie)

Something that comes to mind... When I close my eyes, Anise-sama's face appears. She smiles freely, laughs naturally, and always seems to be plotting something. Then, I remember her face draining of all emotion, freezing over, seemingly about to cry, but disappearing fleetingly.

I've seen this side of her so much. That person held out her hand to one person who was cornered and trapped. I cannot yet put a name to the feelings that have been born in my heart, but I can no longer ignore them either.

"I..." (Euphie)

Gazing at the moon... The moon is strongly tinged with gold today, reminding me of Anise-sama's hair.

Even if I reach out my hands, I can't reach it. Then why do I still want to reach towards it? Holding my hands towards it and clasping them as if I were grasping the moon itself.

"I want to be... the queen." (Euphie)

For that person who is not anyone and for me. To finally be myself.

The things I've accumulated up until now overlap with the ideals I now hope for. My body is for this country. And I hope my will is for that person.

I want it, I thought. For the first time from the bottom of my heart. I want the that seat. A position that can protect someone. I want the throne, the pinnacle of this country, so much.

It was as if something inside me clicked, and gears started turning. I closed my eyes and gently pressed my hands to my chest at the realization of this. As if praying for the future.

Please, this choice. May this path I choose be the path that will make my wish come true.

/////

Back at the detached palace, things are a bit noisy, but it's just the usual clamor. Anise-sama's joking around, and Ilya is scolding her. I feel that it's gotten louder now that Ryeini's joined us.

I've gotten so used to this that I actually find it somewhat pleasant. The noise I hear calms me down. With a slight smile on my face, I head to the room where everyone is.

"I give! I give...! My arm, it's broken...! Please Ilya, it's too much! My arms!" (Anise) (1)

"It's fine if it's just to this degree." (Ilya)

"It's not good, my delicate arms will be ruined!" (Anise)

"...Delicate you say?" (Ilya)

"Why are you using so much force!? I'm sorry, I understand, I'm sorry! Please forgive me!" (Anise)