𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

📆: December 10th, 2022
📍: Barclay's Center, Brooklyn NY

⚠️: just a reminder that this is entirely a work of fiction. In no way or form am I depicting the basketball players' personalities in real life as I do not know any of them personally!

Enjoy🫂

The throng of people in the stands of the arena talk over the arena's music, everyone settling down and getting their winter attire off.

Shoes squeak against the floor of the court as the two teams practice before the game. Toni shoots around for a bit before going to take a sip of her Gatorade. She looks out into the stands and smiles when a family waves at her excitedly, she waves back in the same manner.

Tonight is the Christmas charity event. If New York Liberty wins, they'll get to donate to a charity of their choice. Toni is so pumped about it, wanting to win so she can donate to St. Jude Hospital. Kids are her weakness, and being able to help them means the world to her.

"Alright, ladies, huddle up!" one of the coaches grab their attention. The women on the court drops their basketballs before trekking over it the man. They form a circle around him making the man clear his throat.

"This may put a lot of pressure on you but I'm going to say it anyway. Kids are relying on you ladies tonight. We need you to give us your all. We've been practicing hard so make sure you show it. I believe in you. So believe in yourself." he looks around at the athletes before holding his palm out, facing down.

"Lady Liberty on three...one...two...three!!"

"Lady Liberty!!"

"Kick some Chicago ass, ladies! Let's do this!" with that, the team disburses from the circle and finds Penelope. The woman informs the starting five before going over the plays.

"Welcome to our annual Charity Basketball event! Today, we have Chicago Sky versus New York Liberty to face off and see who will be our charity winner. Whoever wins tonight will be able to choose any charity organization they want to donate too. Let's bet on it folks."

"Baby!" Toni turns to see her girlfriend, Veronica, and Elaine.

"God, you guys made it. I thought something happened." the brunette breathes out as she hugs her mom and kisses her girlfriend. She plucks Veronica's ear eating a simple glare from the latter.

"We wouldn't miss this for the world, my love." the redhead rubs her arms. The referee blows the whistle, grabbing their attention. "Good luck out there, TT."

"You're going to do great, dear." Elaine pinches her cheek softly before the three of them go to find their front row seat.

The brunette pulls off her sweat pants and hoodie, throwing them into the pile with the starting five.

"New York Liberty's starting fives; Toni Topaz, DiDi Richards, Natasha Howard, Sabrina Ionescu, and Rebecca Allen."

"Here is the starting five for Chicago Sky; Candence Parker, Courtney Vandersloot, Kahleah Copper, Allie Quigley, and Dana Evens."

"They've picked some challenging team members for tonight, haha."

"Of course. Organizations are relying on these teams right now."

"Topaz, jump ball. Copper, jump ball." the referee points to the middle of the court that has Liberty's Logo embarked on it. Toni takes her place in front of her opponent, sending the woman a slight competitive smirk.

The referee grabs their attention before sending the ball up into the air. The two athletes jump up to smack the ball, Toni possessing it perfectly.

"Looks like it's liberty's ball!"