26: demon of destruction

Start from the beginning

I just shrugged. Knowing her? I bet she would not even let me out a word nor she want to hear a word coming out from my mouth.

I could only whistles innocently as she curse me loudly, not giving a damn about the possibility of attracting a danger.

Getting irritated of her noisy mouth, I spoke. "Does slapping me twice still not enough?" Yes. She slapped me twice. After slapping me whilst she straddles me, she slapped me once again when started to complaint over my stupidity. Not my fault tho. It's like I predicted for the branches to broke where the thick heavy vines were wrapped over.

"Will you shut up?!" she silenced me, evident annoyance laced her voice.

I scoffed. I thought she's envy? Why was she acting like Wrath right now?

I keep myself mum, not wanting to argue with her further.

I travels my eyes around. I felt myself shudders while looking at the scary forest fulls of vines, covered with thick fogs above. Crickets of insects and loud croak of frogs were the only thing filling the strained silence. —And of course the girl who is walking ahead of me while mumbling profanities under her breath.

Venturing deeper, the silence started to get eerie. I stop on my track when Tzuyu stop ahead of me.

Then we started hear something. Or more like someone murmuring prayers under their breath. Or should i say oration.

I felt the creepy feels that started creep on my skin making me shudder. Tzuyu ahead of me remain statued on her spot.

As the sounds frew louder, I felt my heart began to beat faster.

"Shit!" Tzuyu run back to me, and yank my shirt aside. She brings me up to a tall tree and both of us hide trough the thick fog. We could still the view down there tho.

Tzuyu was in front me while we both crouch down on a large tree branch. I peek over her shoulder and gazed over where her sight was fixated intently.

"At least be quiet this time dumbass."

I could only internally chuckled as Tzuyu expresses her annoyance on me.

She keep quiet after that. The sounds earlier were now loud and clear.

A large group of mysterious creatures hidden under a dark cloak began to passes by while muttering creepy speech sounds. They were like doing an oration of a witch— wait! Witch!

I pressed my lips into thin line as the group of mysterious being continue to move forward over their destination and it was painfully slow.

We watch intently as they move forward then they suddenly stop. The murmuring stopped.

I felt my heart stopped beating too as their leader look around. It's eyes landed on me and Tzuyu's direction. I was quick to hide over the tree so as Tzuyu.

After a solid twenty seconds, we peek over and they're already gone.

Huh?

They're nowhere to be found but i can't seem to feel triumphant. Why do i felt like we are still being watch by them. The thought alone made a shudder run along my spine.

"They didn't left yet." Tzuyu mumbled under her breath, as her heartbeat picked up, "They're beaneath us."

My eyes grew wide as my gaze fall down beneath us and holy damn! They are indeed beneath us.