『7』| 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚃-𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙿𝙴𝙳 𝙲𝙸𝚃𝚈

Start from the beginning

As for the law enforcement, they've deterred crimes and criminals that dare execrate the tyrannous system and people were compliant. No matter how unfair it got for those sentenced, their guns still became more authoritative than any other weapon of combat. In a way, the face of a man on the police force was just a blurred tyrant, he wasn't known for charity, for the family he raised, nor the food he brought to the table, and it all came down to the gun. I felt pity for those fucks. Though even now, back on the outside, I was downright scared. I just simply never showed it.

Decades came and went, yet it stayed the same, until, the season long heist happened, and the civilians used their voices for the first time in several years. We were the voice that said enough was enough and a city-wide wake up call became a pinpoint in history. Though despite the crime rates only skyrocketing, Blue Velvetina owned up to its rep as early as California discovered the golden nugget. This heart shaped city was where monuments stood tall and where urban met suburban. Though it wasn't so difficult to see that this was just a facade for tourists to confide in later in time as the law enforcement gradually became corrupt and the flow of publications were dismembered. Everything this city knew as fair was forgotten, the longer civilians walked silently.

One brave soul took it all on his shoulders. And though most of the city knew Harry Styles to be a hero who woke Blue Velvetina up, not a single civilian knew Harry truly; not quite the way Dixie had him neck deep.

The national bank, located in the heart of Blue Velvetina, branching towards the south of NYC was known to be the highest secured, and biggest bank within the city. Cops have locked up thousands for petty theft and marijuana smoke in the air with prison sentences that meant tearing up families and rendering them obsolete. Though cops weren't the only ones who handled guns with authority. Blood was everywhere on these streets because guns had quite the reputation in the sketchiest corners of Blue Velvetina for the sole purpose of survival and keeping heads above water. Believe me, there's trouble in all these sketchy corners. So to have a single casualty out of a hundred within the national bank of New York City dead, along with the case Dix's case getting shot being disregarded as an accident by the judges in accordance to the police was what caused the civilians to lose their minds. Just ape shit. Some howled in praise and some wished for us to end up locked up for life.

Those who believed in the mafia, believed in anything that went against the corruption of this city's economy, like a lost clover found. Because a corrupt justice system, meant the chain was tightly bound to the economic system. Neither knew justice or integrity. What these people didn't know, was for the greater good of the people, and by the people, ironically. The six of us had every right to be known as heroes, for all I knew—and Clementine Turner as a close seventh of course, even though she'd never muster it up to admit she made a pact with us.

I was snapped out of my daze at the sound of a camera flash going off, as I forced a smile.

I grasped Dixie's hand. "You'll catch on fairly well. I, on the other hand, don't know what the hell I'm doing but winging it has gotta work. It always seems to." I said as she nodded once.

"He's been... Distant." She said abruptly, slightly hesitant, though emotions raw within her words.

"Harry's got a lot on his plate right now. I suppose so." I sighed, looking over my shoulder at Harry who had puffed up his chest, adjusting his suit slightly with a smirk playing on his face as he had talked to a small group of random people that had loitered by him. "Did he say anything to you?" I wondered in concern. I skim my fingers through my sleeked black hair.