• 24 we're under attack •

☽ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ ☾

ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ

We danced in silence to the slow melody and I, without meaning to, concentrated on his breath rhythm, his chest going up and down almost bumping into mine each time, and the noise he was making by inhaling and exhaling. It calmed me down and it was at this very moment that I realized that I couldn't live without this man still breathing.

I couldn't lose him.

I wanted to pull away but Jin tightened his grip on me as if he didn't want me to look at his face. Was he... hugging me?

I noticed his breathing fastening when I was moving.

I took my hand off his shoulder to put it on his back, passing under his arm and I stuck my cheek to his chest. There, I could hear his heartbeat. It was incredibly fast. It was a broken heart, a shy heart, a regretful heart.

It was Jin's heart.

I bit my lower lip when I felt like crying.

Why was I feeling like something was wrong, something was going to happen and Jin knew it.

He was tightening his hold on me again when he probably felt me shaking slightly under him from trying to hold back my muted tears. He wasn't releasing me. And I didn't want to let go either.

"Why... Why did you ignore me these past months..."

I felt him stiffen a bit, he didn't answer.

"I need you, Jin..." I couldn't control the words from flowing out of my mouth anymore, I had held on for too long. "Don't shut yourself off because you're sad or hurt. You deserve so much more than this..."

"You have no idea what I've been through." He started to separate from me but I held onto him, I probably looked pathetic and desperate but I wanted to be so close to him. Once again, he shut himself down. As soon as we talked about him, his feelings, his past, he shut down.

"This doesn't mean I can't understand you. I'm here now, you're not alone anymore-" Before I could finish, an alarm went off and everyone around us started to panic, scream, and run.

Jin took me by the shoulders to push me slightly away and we looked around us and then into each other's eyes. "What is that?" He asked.

At the same moment, Namjoon came to us in a rush. "We're under attack!"

Jin didn't think twice, he followed Namjoon. I didn't want to just stay here without knowing what to do so I followed them too.

Namjoon stopped and looked at me and then at Jin. "Hide her." He ordered and Jin slowed his pace. Why would Namjoon care about me and ask his brother to protect me?

"I'm coming with you," I said and they both looked at me with tough Kim's narrowed eyes.

"No you're not, it's too dangerous," Namjoon said as if he was my father or something.

"I'm coming-"

"You're not, that's final," Jin said strongly and grabbed my arm. We separated from Namjoon and Jin quickly pushed me into a random room. "You stay here."

Before he could close the door shut I stopped him. "How am I more protected alone here when we don't know what's going on than with you?!" This made him think and before we could think of another solution we heard shotguns and screams.

Jin took my wrist and we started running the opposite way.

He slipped on the floor because of his beautiful new lace-ups when he wanted to stop because six armed men broke into the ballroom causing me to wheeze.