• 5 good old days •

☽ ꜰɪᴠᴇ ☾

ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

Jin busted the door open when he heard a whining noise that was coming from a human.

They were still under the rubble and Jin was sweating, he was distraught but always remained calm, never revealing his feelings.

He arrived in a hall and fell on Taehyung who was being attacked by a racer. Without even blinking, he grabbed a huge wooden stick and hit harshly the zombie's head who immediately collapsed on Taehyung's body; it started to lose all its blood from the hole in the back of its head Jin created.

Taehyung, still lying on the ground, moved the corpse off of him. "Oh, Jin!" He whined, wiping the disgusting blood, which did not belong to him, off his face.

"Where's the girl?" Jin asked, helping his friend up, and just now they heard her.

"Help!!" She was in the next room, also being attacked by another crazy racer.

Jin jumped on it, taking it away from the young girl by its neck, and started to punch it hard in the face, beating him up to death.

"Thanks..." She murmured, still knocked out by the fear of the events, not looking up into his eyes. She stood up, smoothing her ripped clothes. Jin looked at her but immediately got alarmed by shotguns behind him. Taehyung was shooting at a bunch of racers that were coming from another open door.

One succeeded to reach him, but thanks to his strength he easily threw it against the wall and literally smashed his head with his knee. Namsu looked away from the blood that was getting her nauseous.

Taehyung got projected to the ground when another racer jumped on him, causing him to yell in pain, immediately alarming Jin and Namsu. Jin aimed its head and shot without wasting another second. When the beast was gone, he rushed to Taehyung with Namsu.

"Are you okay?!" The girl asked, trying to help him up but he just groaned and redressed himself with difficulty, holding onto his shoulder that painfully hit the ground in the fall.

Once the infected ones were all dead, Jin permitted himself to take a deep breath in. "They almost had us." He breathed out, resting his hands on his knees and letting the sweat uncontrollably roll down his temples.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

*𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐒𝐔'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕*

The sun was starting to rise for the third time since we left Seoul's quarantine area, and we made it up to a roof that was having a splendid view of Seoul. My eyes grew wide and I ran because of excitement, not waiting for the older ones to follow me.

I stopped at the edge, eyes on the horizon. The tingle in my stomach was a new sensation, it was so new and amazing for me. I finally took the time to breathe and enjoy the morning breath playing with my fine hair.

I was so tired but you know, when you fight for your life you don't think about this stuff. Now I was probably able to rest for a bit but I didn't want to, we were so close, so close to our goal. Plurisy's quarantine area was near and it joyed me because it might mean the end of this, of all of this.

Suddenly, when I was lost in my thoughts, I felt a presence next to me.

"Is it what you imagined it to be?" I was surprised by the gentle tone of voice he was using.

"It's... broken." The town was a complete mess. "I don't remember the years before the pandemic started. It's like my brain erased this part of my life."