Chapter 27 - running laps

Start from the beginning

I let Millie use my shower, while I used Lucy's. After a very short burst of cold water, I quickly pulled my clothes on and shoved my hair into a high ponytail. As I made my way into the kitchen, I rested my head on the counter and groaned, "I feel like death". I heard someone laugh behind me and I looked up to see Keira giving me a sympathetic look, "I don't even want to know what you did last night to make you feel like whatever death feels like". I shook my head and slowly made my way towards the fridge to find anything that would help with my headache and make my body last through training. No food really appealed to me, so I grabbed a bottle of water and closed the fridge with a defeated look on my face. Keira looked up from her phone and said, "you need to eat something...". I quietly replied, "I don't feel like eating right now". She sighed and Lucy walked in from wherever she had been, "maybe you shouldn't have had a party the night before you have a training session". I rolled my eyes at her announcement and protested, "how was I supposed to know I had training? It was meant to be a day off".

Over the past week, Man City had been working us extra hard towards the end of the season. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City were all contending towards winning the U16s league and our coach was desperate for us to win it. To be honest it was beginning to wear me out with all the late night sessions on the pitch, and early morning sessions in the gym. Even if Chelsea lost their game against Man United, they would still be facing either us or Arsenal to decide the winner. That game was on Saturday, just less than a week away. Two games in one week was going to be tough and a party right before it probably wasn't the best thing to do. If Lucy found out that there were 20 people in her house, drinking and going absolutely crazy, I actually think she would murder me. As far as she knows, there were only 4 of us.

I looked over to her and stated, "anyway, it wasn't a party. Four people and one can of alcohol each - I'd hardly call that a party". She glared at me and calmly said, "I thought I said no drinking?". I bit my lip realising I had just dropped myself in it, but luckily Millie walked into the living area and the conversation switched to her. Keira looked at her surprised and said, "Millie? I didn't realise you stayed over?". I turned to face her and explained, "last minute thing". She seemed to understand as she welcomed her over to have some breakfast. Unlike me, Millie was in a very good mood and not feeling hungover at all.

As Keira was finding something for Millie to eat, Lucy came to sit next to me on the sofa. She didn't say anything at first so I tried to make the situation better, "Ella and Alessia came round last night so it's not as if we were drinking unsupervised". She raised her eyebrow, "so they just let you drink in front of them?". Both her and I knew how cautious most football players were about drinking. They would never let me get drunk in front of them in the middle of the season. I mentally slapped myself as I wasn't making it any better at all, "they thought you knew about it" I tried to explain, but she kept pushing "so if I call them now, they'll say exactly what you've just told me?". Oh shit. Not being able to find the words, I simply nodded my head.

When Millie had eaten, we all got in the car to travel to the training grounds. Keira, Lucy and Millie passed light conversation between them while I sat and texted Ella:

R: if lucy asks, you were with us all night, there was only four of us and we only had one can each

Tooney: you're asking me to lie to one of my best mates?

R: yes. I think she's becoming sus

Tooney: sus?

R: suspicious 🙄

Tooney: fine but only because she'd kill me as well if she found out that I knew how much you were all drinking

R: thank u x