Chapter 25

That night, after a civilised meal with my family, I decided to go out with Lewis who was celebrating his podium and epic performance in the GP that day. When I got to the club, in the red dress I had chosen to wear that evening, I was immediately ushered through the door by the security guys, and one even escorted me all the way to the roped-off section at the back of the club. Lewis immediately came to greet me, pulling me inside not realising I was rather precarious in my heels and so I almost tripped over before I was caught.

"Merci," I said to the random guy who just waved me off and helped me to stabilise before I carried on, following Lewis to a private bar at the back of this very exclusive section. "This is crazy," I yell in his ear as he hands me a shot of tequila.

"You're the crazy one, wheel to wheel through Copse with Max, didn't you tell me off for that before the race?" he says with a disgusted face. Not with me though, with the tequila. I laugh unbothered and already rather merry from the Champagne I had drunk with my family earlier in the evening.

"Do you think it was right of me?" I ask him curiously, and he nods viciously.

"100%, you were fully right in your interview, even Max knew it, you could see it on his face, or at least that's what Toto told me when he was retelling the story," Lewis shouted back and I nodded, this time he handed me a glass of champagne. I looked at it warily. I was going to be in pain tomorrow morning. "Toto is around somewhere with Suzie, but I don't think he or you are in the right state for your chat." Lewis continued and I nodded. Definitely not! At that moment, the man in question came up.

"Elodie, what a fucking drive." He says, crushing me in a hug and almost making me spill my drink all over the floor. I laugh at him, quite clearly hammered. "It was phenomenal, the move through Copse, the defence, all of it. Well done for pushing!" He said proudly and I grin back, loving all the praise I was receiving. "I mean, fuck! 7th in a Williams, who would have thought, it was a masterclass."

"Hang on, you're making it seem like you're more impressed with her 7th than my podium!" Lewis says jokingly outraged, furrowing his eyebrows as he points between the two of us.

"I am more impressed! Our car might be a shit box, but it isn't a Williams!" Toto's heavy Austrian accent replies to him, a smirk on his face and all I can do is watch the exchange and giggle. "And that interview! Wow, you might be a nightmare for your media person, but I love it! And so do the fans! I saw a tweet earlier saying they hope Lewis or George fall ill so that you can take their place in a race!" I raised my eyebrows at him and Lewis.

"Do us a solid then Lewis, aye?" I ask and he just shakes his head, mouthing the word 'never'. The two then start to chat more as I look around the area trying to spot people. George and Carmen were in the corner talking to someone I don't know, making me think it was a purely Mercedes party given that I vaguely recognised most from my time in their factory on the simulator.

My thoughts are interrupted when Toto puts an arm around my shoulder. "We need to have a meeting tomorrow. We have a couple of teams sending over paper proposals tomorrow morning. You did incredible, kid. The calls, the driving, incredible" I beam back at him, all the praise making me the human equivalent of sunshine. "You half make me want to drop one of my current lineup." I laugh at that because we both know it's a joke. George is doing a great job this season and Lewis is far from done, if anything the struggles this season have just made him want it more.

"Yeah, send me a message and I'll be wherever you want me to be. Just, maybe not till the evening!" I say cheekily receiving a knowing grin from Toto as he gives my hair one final mess up and walks off. Finishing off my drink, I turn around to the bar and place my empty glass down just to have it instantly refilled by the handsome bartender. I smile my thanks and he shoots me a wink making me blush. Shit, I have had a lot of alcohol. I think to myself as I try to peel my eyes away from the tattooed brunette that caught my eye.