you all walk into the small gap between the steps and his door, you knock a few times.

"hagrid!" harry says as hagrid pushes open the door.

"oh, hello. sorry, don't wish to be rude, but i'm in no fit state to entertain today" he tries closing the door, you sweat-drop.

"we know about the philosopher's stone!" you all blurt right as the door is closing. he opens it back up again and looks at you four "oh..."

you smile nervously.

he walks in with you four following behind him, you shut the door behind you.

"we think snape's trying to steal it" harry says, you nod.

you all take your cloaks off, hermione sits on the big brown chair while ron and harry sit on a wooden bench, you sit on your shins on the floor, snuggling fang, hagrid's big puppy (though not as big as fluffy)

"snape. blimey, you're not still on about him, are ya'?" hagrid sighs.

"hagrid, we know he's after the stone, we just don't know why!" harry tells him.

"snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone. he's not about to steal it" hagrid reasons.

you pat the large black dog who was comfortably sitting with his upper-body on your lap.

"what?"

"you heard. right, come on now. i'm a bit preoccupied today" hagrid hurries.

"wait a minute.. 'one of the teachers'?" harry adds.

"of course! there are other things defending the stone, aren't there? spells, enchantments!" hermione says, you nod along.

"that's right. waste of bloody time, if you ask me"

you giggle a bit as fang sits up slightly and starts sniffing ron's face.

"ain't no one gonna get past fluffy" hagrid chuckles with raised eyebrows.

"ain't a soul knows how, except for me and dumbledore" he sticks his thumb out at himself.

he clicks his tongue, "i shouldn't have told you that. i should not have told you that" he looks around.

you all turn to the pot in the fireplace as it starts to rattle, watching intently as hagrid sticks his hand in it, taking out a large egg of sorts. making noises of pain as he swaps which hand holds it from the heat, you wince for him, it looked hot.

he places the egg on the table as you all gather round to see it, your eyes go wide shining.

you jump up excitedly, "kyaaaaaaaa!!!" uou squeal, your cheeks going pink as you jump on the spot.

hagrid smiles at you and harry and hermione look at you confusedly.

"uh, hagrid.. what exactly is that.." harry asks.

"that? it's uh.. it's.. um.."

ron grins, "i know what that is!" he turns to hagrid with a confused face, "but hagrid, how did you get one?"

"i won it" hagrid nods, "off a stranger i met down at the pub. seemed quite glad to get rid of it, as a matter of fact.."

the others all lean back as the egg starts to rattle, you lean forward.

you shield your faces as the egg cracks, pieces of shell going flying.

and out from the egg, sprouts a little wing, and then a head, and then a whole body.

your lips part in awe, "is that.." hermione starts.

you squeal and turn to hagrid, "a dragon!!! oh it's so cute i could dieeee!"