flashback fourteen - meant to be

"just talk to him." danny said.

currently, the group were at a house party, surrounded by drunken teenagers.

layla sighed, "but he's with her."

layla pointed to sammy and a girl, who was obviously trying to get in his pants, standing close to him, playing with the collar of his shirt, sammy however was trying to keep his distance, not letting her seductive moves work on him.

"and he doesn't want to be with her, he wants to be with you." danny said.

layla sighed once again, and nodded.

"alright, screw it." she said.

layla walked across the room to sammy, and his eyes instantly shot it her.

"lay..." sammy said.

"i need to talk to you." layla said.

sammy nodded and walked away from the black haired girl, who scoffed out in annoyance.

the pair walked out onto the back deck, and she looked up to him.

"what's happening with us?" layla asked.

"i-i don't know but i want us to be alright." sammy said.

layla and sammy had been drifting, as sammy was consumed by music, layla spent hardly any time with him, and whenever he was free she had her own commitments to school projects or family business matters.

"me too." layla said, "i miss you."

"i miss you." sammy said.

"well, i'll make time... i'll quit some school stuff, and i'll work less in the store." layla said.

"i'll make time too, whatever it takes." sammy said, smiling to her.

the two then lean in closer and their lips touch.

layla missed that feeling of his lips on hers. she felt warm and safe whenever she was around him, and right now all she wanted to do was to hold him tight.

the two rested their foreheads against each other's.

"sams, i'm afraid." layla said.

"why?" sammy asked.

"what happens when you go away?" she asked him.

"we don't even know if we're gonna impress the record label guys... so we could be staying for all we know." sammy said.

"face it sams, you guys are amazing, the record label would be stupid not to get you guys." layla said.

"well it'll work out, okay? because no matter what, we always find our way back to each other." sammy said.