chapter ten - i'm sorry.

"i'm sorry." layla said as she looked into sammy's eyes.

"sorry for what?" he asked.

"i should've told you sooner... i just couldn't find the right moment." layla said.

"should've told me what?" sammy asked.

layla then began to break down.

she dropped to her knees and allowed the tears to run out from her eyes down her cheeks.

"hey, hey, hey." sammy said quickly, rushing to layla, crouching down to her.

he lifted her face up and wiped the tears off from her cheeks.

"what's wrong?" sammy asked, searching her eyes for answers as he held her face in his hands.

layla looked away from sammy.

she couldn't possibly see his reaction.

"do you remember that night where i was really sick, and you went out and got pizza for us?" layla asked, staring into the space ahead of her.

"yeah?" sammy said.

"well it turns out i wasn't just sick." layla said.

there were a few moments of silence, but then layla felt sammy's hand slip away from her cheeks.

she finally found the courage to look up to him, and when she did, she saw him standing, staring out of the window.

"sams..." layla said, getting up slowly.

when she stood up, his eyes were still fixated on out the window, focusing on nothing at all.

"d-do you know what that means?" layla asked.

he stayed silent.

still staring out the window.

"i was preg-"

sammy cut layla off.

"no." he said simply, his voice shaking as he raised his finger to her.

"sams, i'm sorry-"

she was cut off once again.

"stop." he said.

layla bit her lip nervously and twisted the ring around her finger.

"why didn't you tell me?" sammy asked, finally looking down to layla.

"because you said you didn't want kids, and i didn't want to pull you away from the band seeing how happy it made you." layla said.

sammy sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"where is the kid now? is it at your apartment with a babysitter or something?" he asked.

layla shook her head and looked back down to her feet.

"well where is it?" he asked.

layla looked up to sammy, and tried her best to communicate to him through her eyes... but it didn't work.

"where is it, layla?" sammy asked.

"sam." layla said, looking to him nervously.

layla watched as his facial expression changed.

"no..." he trailed off.

layla could see the tears forming in his eyes, but he quickly turned around and wiped them away.

"sam." layla said softly, placing her hand on his back.

sammy quickly pushed her hand away from him as he turned to face her.

"you had no right to do that." sammy said as pointed his finger to her.

"i had every right. it's my body." layla said.

"well you could've told me!" sammy yelled out.

"but you would've just left anyway!" she yelled back to him.

"no layla, i wouldn't of!" sammy yelled, "i would've stayed. i would've helped you, comforted you, been with you because i love you! and i would've loved the baby too but you didn't let me get any say in this because you didn't tell me!"

sammy's voice cracked, and layla stood there in shock as she watch him completely break down in-front of her.

his cheeks were now soaked with tears, and his face was a bright red.

this was a side of him she had never seen.

"did josh know?" sammy asked as he stared back out into the window.

layla gulped and nodded.

"yes." she said simply.

sammy stood there for a moment before he shook his head and turned away.

she called out his name, but got no response and within a few seconds, layla heard the front door slam shut, and the car start and slowly disappear into the distance, but this time, he wasn't getting pizza.