chapter seven - it all looks the same

"so did you really come all this way just to be my emotional support?" layla asked as she unlocked the shop door and flicked on the lights.

"of course." josh said as he walked past layla, running his hand down the records just as he had done years ago everyday after school.

layla suddenly was even more grateful for josh than she had ever been before.

she knew that he had made some cancellations to interviews and other band stuff just to be here for her.

"thank you." layla said genuinely, smiling warmly over to him.

josh turned around and smiled aswell, before walking over to layla and giving her tight hug.

"you know i'd do anything for you, lay's." josh said, before pulling away and continuing to walk to the counter as layla felt so much gratitude for that boy once again.

"so when are you gonna talk to sam again?" josh asked as he took a seat at the counter, "and tell him how you feel."

"i was thinking maybe this afternoon, or tomorrow." layla stated as she walked down the aisle.

"i think the sooner the better." josh said truthfully, and layla agreed despite her being nervous.

"remember to also tell him about-" josh spoke but was cut off by layla.

"yeah, yeah. i will." layla said, sighing.

"it all looks the same," josh spoke up after a few seconds, looking around the store, "like nothing has changed at all."

layla smiled, "i can't bring myself to change anything." she said.

josh and layla stood in silence as they looked around the store, memories flooding back to the both of them.

"i miss it, joshy." layla said, remembering what is was like years ago.

"i do too, lay's." josh admitted.