Love at First Hunt

Jaune P.O.V

It's been almost 4 months now and the seasons are slowly becoming Winter but yet there is still time to do some hunting. So Mom decided that she'd take me on my first hunt. She taught me all she knew about bow hunting. I was decent but I much rather be chasing down my prey on foot. Mom also said we were joining two others on the hunt. A man named Wallace and his sister Petra. She said they were friends of the Clan as they got her about a 3 years ago when we settled this new area as the old land was invaded. I nodded and grabbed my deer antler hunting bow and my leather quiver with a full pouch of arrows. I also grabbed some bait to use for luring prey and predator alike. Mom did the same and we headed out after telling Father and Aunt Yri where we were going.

As we walked to the back of the settlement I saw two people standing there. One was a woman with a dark tan and black hair wearing a fur pelt shirt and pants. She had a quiver at her side and a bow in her hand.

Next to her was a man with dark hair and the same tan as her and he also had a fur pelt shirt and pants and boots

Next to her was a man with dark hair and the same tan as her and he also had a fur pelt shirt and pants and boots. He however had a bait bag in his hands.

 He however had a bait bag in his hands

"Petra. Wallace. Good to see you made it for the hunt." Mother said.

"I'd never miss a hunt Randvi. You know that." The woman said.

"Haha. That I do Petra that I do. Oh this is Jäunë, mine and Eivors son." Mother said.

"Nice to meet ya. Im Petra. This is my brother Wallace." Petra said.

"Nice to meet ya. We all ready?" I asked.

Everyone nodded and we started on our hunt. We expected to be back within a week as we were doing the hunting in surplus.

Timeskip.......

We just made it to the woods and we all stealthily crept through the forest our mom and Petra had their bows out with arrows in them while I had one of my axes in hand. Suddenly the shrubs near me shook and a fox jumped out and looked at us before turning to run.

Mom quickly aimed and fired and arrow at it only to miss but I managed to cath up with it. I took my bow and an arrow out and fired at it hitting the mark as it fell to the ground after rolling a bit. I slowed into a jog then a walk as I approached it and picked it up just as everyone showed up.