8

First off: Can you all go and read my story 'The Harlem Shake' because I want to know if I should continue it a bit. Please Do excuse my sarcastic comment back to some girl - like, did she even read it? - But I do hope you enjoy it.

*Rebecca's POV*

The truck was set to go, and so was I. All I had to wait for now was Shane to get going so I at least knew where it was. The plan was to follow fairly close behind him, but not too close. After all, I didn't want to be sent back to the farm, which is what would happen if he caught me.

"What're you doing?" I jumped as the voice came from the passenger side window. Looking over to Shane's truck, I saw that he was getting ready to go, I didn't have long, and I sure as hell didn't need Jimmy getting my timing wrong.

"I'm going after them, something tells me they're going to need my help." I replied, looking between the kid and Shane's truck.

"Otis'll have it covered, he's not stupid, he knows what he's doing." Came the response at the exact moment that the truck moved out of the farm with the speed of a shot from a gun. All while I was stuck here because the farm boy had his arms resting through the window. "Shane don't seem like the kind of guy who just get's in trouble. He looks like he knows his way out of it too."

"Kid, you know your way to the school?" I snapped, pissed at him that he'd caused me to lose the others already, without even leaving the farm yet.

"Sure, I guess I do. I didn't go to that school, but -"

"Get in, you're coming with me."

***

When we arrived at the school, I didn't park too close. There were walkers all over the place and I wasn't going to risk not being able to get out of there.

"Jimmy, you're staying in the truck," I said. He was about to complain but I continued nonetheless, "Don't start moaning, boy, you've got the most important job, okay? When you hear me whistle you drive into the school. I'll be in the car park, and I'll probably need picking up asap. Stay here until then, okay?"

"What if I can't hear it?"

"You'll hear it." I grinned, getting out of the truck slowly. I still had to get the weapons from the trunk and I wasn't going to draw any of the milling walkers towards me before I was armed.

I leaned over the side railings to get two pistols and a rifle, shoving the pistols into my belt and swinging the rifles strap over my shoulder, I then got out a hatchet. Muttering a quiet 'thank you, Emilia,' I set off. After all, it had been her and Daryl who'd found the truck jam packed with supplies back in Atlanta.

I could already hear gun shots above the almost harmonious moaning of the walkers. They were in trouble, serious trouble from the rapidness of the blasts. Cursing under my breath, I ducked down out of sight. What the hell had happened here?

I made my way towards the sound of the shots, figuring that would be the best way to find Shane and Otis. My main aim, however, was to stay out of sight. If even one of these things saw me, I'd be in trouble.

There was a small gap between the wooden fence and the brick of the school, but it looked just big enough for me to fit through. It also seemed much safer going this way, no walkers could fit down here, they were all too stupid to turn to their side to get down here.

When I got to the end of the tiny passage, I could see Shane and Otis, but they couldn't see me. By the looks of things, both were down to pistols and they were in trouble. Instinctively I raised the rifle after leaning the hatchet against the wall. I shot the weapon, killing a walker that was about to take a chunk from Shane's neck. Then taking down two more walkers, I made my move, picking up the hatchet and running towards the fence, we had to find a way out.

There was a gate near by which I went through to be on the same side of the fence as the others. "C'mon, you've got the stuff right?" I shouted to them as we ran from the herd.

"First priority. Thought I told you to stay at the farm, it ain't safe here." Shane retorted, the aggression clear in his voice.

I just rolled my eyes and continued running, occasionally turning to fire into the crowd of walkers, hoping to lessen them down. I could see that Shane was limping having hurt his leg pretty badly, but there was no time to ask how he'd done it, nor any time to sort it out.

"We ain't going to make it out of here." Otis mumbled,  he was pretty out of breath. The look that Shane gave Otis before giving me the same look spoke volumes. So much so that I almost stopped dead in my tracks.

I raised one of the pistols, slinging the rifle back onto my shoulder with my other hand. "Keep running, Deputy. We don't have to do anything stupid."

It was clear from his face that he'd fully intended on killing Otis, giving me and him more time to get out of there. But I wasn't going to let that happen. I'd come here to help them, not to sacrifice them.

"Think about it, Becca, it's the only way we're going to get to my truck."

"No, it ain't. We can leave your truck here, I've got my own."

"And where's that? I don't see it."

Now seemed like as good a time as any to call for Jimmy, so with my free hand I put my fingers to my lips and whistled for him to bring the truck round. "It's coming."

And sure enough, Jimmy drove round the corner, taking out a few walkers as he went before slamming the breaks down right in front of us. I didn't need to tell everyone to get in, they were doing so before the car had completely stopped. Shane and Otis in the back and I ran to get in the front. Jimmy's foot hit the gas before the doors were even shut and we were out of there.

"Close call, huh?" It was Otis from the back, a light chuckle added to his voice. Now wasn't the time for talking, however, we all just needed to catch our breath back. "Hershel's going to go ape when he realises you took Jimmy with you, though, you realise that?"

"Saved your ass though, didn't it?" I replied, closing my eyes as I spoke.

"Yeah, about that, thought I gave you a direct order, Becca." Shane said, the arrogance in his voice clear without even having to look at him.

"I ignored it." I said, also ignoring the face he called me Becca, it was getting old and I was too lazy to correct him every time he said it. After all, I doubted he'd stop it.

"If it was your daddy giving you an order would you ignore it then?" He came back.

Clenching my teeth together I replied. "You don't no shit about my dad, I'd appreciate that you didn't bring him up in casual conversation."

If I thought that was going to stop him, I was wrong. "Guess I hit a sore spot, Becca, care to explain?"

In an instant I was turned around in my seat, my hand around his throat. "You want to shut it? I followed after you, saved all your asses, you might want to have a bit of gratitude, for all you know you could've died if I hadn't come for you. I ain't telling you jack shit about my family, you want to know? Go ask Daryl, guaranteed you'll get the same answer." I retorted, my eyes narrowing as I grew all the more pissed just looking at him. "Jack ass." I muttered, turning back around.

So that was kinda short and crappy too, but I hope you enjoyed it. (: Quick upload for me, right?

I got excited.

So yeah, as I said, could you read my story 'The Harlem Shake'? It'd mean a lot to me. :D