{Eleven}

Dakotas' Point of View

Ever since dinner the other night, I've come to the realization that no matter how hard I try to resist, I have hopelessly fallen for Jamie. And I do quite mean hopelessly...he has his family and that's not something I hope to wreak.

Sitting outside my trailer on its front steps, drinking a cup of morning coffee, I am torn from my thoughts as a shadow looms over me. Looking up, squinting through the suns glare I see his face.

"Well now who looks like shit?" I chuckle under my breath. And even at his worst, he still looks painfully attractive.

"Gee thanks Dakota, you know just what I want to hear." He smirks at me before continuing. "I actually got little to none sleep last night..." My face twists as I interpret his last sentence. "Oh man, Jamie, I did not need to hear about that...too early for sex talk." His mouth opens and his cheeks flush as he realizes how his sentence was interpreted. "Oh...no...my mistake...no it wasn't like that...I mean...that didn't....no." The topic of sex always seems to fluster him when it's with me, it's one of his buttons I just love pushing. I laugh at his obvious uncomfortableness.

"So what did keep Mr. hot shot Jamie Dornan up last night?" I smirk at him. He's adorable when he's awkward...Dakota, don't indulge those thoughts...stop.

"It just feels weird...different, having them here. I would just go into her room and watch Dulcie sleep for hours, not wanting to miss a thing." I smile up at him in awe as I hear him swoon over his daughter...and then I feel a knot in my stomach, a painful reminder of why he is so unattainable...

"I'm sure it'll be a lot to adjust to, but worth it in the end." I stand up on the bottom step, now standing eye to eye to him. He has this look on his face...I can't quite pin it down.

"...what?" I quizzically look at him, searching his face for some indication as to what he's not telling me.

"Uh....look...um can you...are you free for dinner tonight? Amelia wants to meet you...." He slightly cringes. While I'm not exactly jumping at the chance to spend an evening with the family of the man I have feelings for, I can't quite think of a reason not to that I can actually share with him.

"Um...sure...if you wait for me to change after filming we can head over together? Now let's go film. Hey maybe today you'll whip me." I nudge at him and skip off ahead of him, trying to pretend like tonight is not actually happening.

...

The entire car ride over, my stomach twisted and turned. This is going to be my dinner from hell. I can't help but wonder if Jamie is as nervous for this as I am...I mean why would he? But still, it'd be comforting if I wasn't alone in all this. As we exit the car and walk up to the apartment building I mentally come up with a list of reasons that would allow me to leave at this very moment. After riding what seems like the shortest elevator ride ever, we arrive at his front door. It wasn't long ago I was here, dressed in his clothes, sleeping in his bed...

"You ready?" He turns to me and places a hand on my lower back leading me in. I take a deep breathe, walking in. You're an actress Dakota, you can do this...

"Amelia, we're here!" Jamie calls from behind me. Turning from the stove, a petite brunette smiles and walks towards me. Dakota! I'm so glad I get to finally meet the woman that's been stealing all my husbands time!" She chuckles and embraces me with a hug. I'm taken aback by her warm welcome. Searching for words...any words...to reply, I take a look at her. Man...she is beautiful...fuck.