{two}

Jamie’s Point of View

“Miss Kavanagh. Are you alright? Christian Grey”

I utter the words as if they are spoken so often, with such ease, even if they are not spoken with my natural accent. Looking into those piercing blue eyes that study my every word, it all feels natural, as if this was meant to be.

“I’m Anastasia Steel. Uh Miss Kavanagh has the flu, so she asked me fill in.”

As she reads her line aloud, I have a moment to observe her. To truly look at her. The woman in front of me is much different from the woman in the novels. Her hair tinted with blonde and her lips...her plump lips…colored a deep red.

How would it feel to kiss those red lips?  

I mentally shake the words out of my head. In all my years with Amelia, never once have I come across a woman and found myself thinking these things. I can’t…I mustn’t. After I clear such thoughts from my head I quickly realize she has finished her line. 

“I see. So you’re studying journalism as well?”

Thank god I have studied my lines day in and day out. Though my mind is elsewhere, I already feel such a connection to Christian that the words flow out of my mouth effortlessly. 

And just like that, we finished reading our lines for Anastasia and Christian’s first encounter. And I do hope it won’t be the last time. 

I hear a woman off to my side clear her throat before she begins, “Well Jamie, that was great. Thank you very much for coming in today. We will be in touch.” And just like that, I find myself shaking their hands, one by one down the table, until I am back in front of those blue eyes…those plump red lips. 

“It was a pleasure to meet you” I reach out to shake her hand. As our hands meet I find myself unable to move. I swallow hard trying to regain myself. 

“The pleasure was all mine Miss Johnson. Thank you” She smiles softly, looking down at her lap, and for a fleeting moment I can see a slight flush to her cheeks. And it’s then I realize I have yet to let go of her hand. At once I quickly release her from my grip and turn to leave the room. 

Even as I leave the room, her face is still etched into my brain. Her blonde hair, those flushed cheeks, those red lips…

Jamie you need to get a hold of yourself.