{four}

Jamie’s Point of View 

I wake this morning with mixed emotion. The last few weeks before shooting have been turbulent to say the least. My wife gave birth to a beautiful girl. I’ve never experienced love like this before. But it leaves me feeling as guilty as ever for my excessive thoughts of my now co-worker. And for the excitement I feel about the months of filming I will spend with her. For the first time in what feels like ages, I am alone with my thoughts. And I cannot wrap my head around what has come over me. But I push it all away as I prepare for my first day on set. 

Walking in, it all feels surreal. Yes I’ve been involved in multiple projects in the past, but nothing like this. And then it hits me at once and I feel as though all the breath has been stolen from my body. There she is.

I can’t even see her face. But I know. Walking towards her I muster up all the strength I have to utter a few simple words.

“It’s nice to see you again” Quickly she spins around, startled. Her hair no longer blonde, is a deep shade of brown…it falls gently on her shoulder as she stands facing me. Almost exasperated she whispers out “oh Jamie…” 

Extending her hand she composes herself. “It’s so great to see you! Are you feeling overwhelmed right now or is that just me?” I chuckle deep under my breath.

God she really is a beautiful sight to see. 

“Not just you in the slightest.” Her smile sends a wave of calmness over me. “Well thankfully today is just about the technicalities and filming doesn’t actually begin till tomorrow. One more day before it all begins.”

“Well if you’d like to have a glass of wine after today’s business, it wouldn’t hurt for us to get to know one another.” I actually sound like a college boy trying to pick up a girl right now…what is wrong with me? 

“uh….yeah…I mean…sure…yes. Yes, I’d like that.” And with that we hear Sams voice behind us as she calls for us all to gather for our first meeting of the day. And like that, it all begins.