{nine}

Dakotas' Point of View

It's our first day back on set since my bout of the stomach flu. During that time I found myself being taken care of by the incredibly caring and ever-so sweet Jamie Dornan, who I just so happen to be harbouring deep romantic feelings for. It's as if the universe was truly trying to make this situation even more difficult for me. Seeing him so caring, just made the feelings harder to ignore. I guess I will just have to try even harder, especially considering the fact that Amelia and Dulcie are due any day to fly in and be with him. And why should they not, they are his family. He should be with them...both of them.

I'm torn from my thoughts as I'm handed a cup of coffee, looking up I'm greeted with the most charming smile. "You really don't have to bring me coffee every morning." I say taking a small sip of my cappuccino.

"Well, I mean, we can't have the star of the whole show drinking coffee from set all day." He gives me one of his boyish grins I'm so found of.

"Well thank you. And thank you again for taking care of me. I decided that to repay you for such a kind gesture, I will be taking you out for a fancy dinner after filming tonight."

"Miss Johnson, if I wasn't married I would think you were trying to seduce me." He smirks at me...oh how I wish I could kiss that mouth...no Dakota...stop!

"Oh you wish Dornan. Like all of this..." I point up and down my body "would ever want that." I point to him mocking disgust. I laugh as he feigns being hurt by my comment, a hand dramatically placed over his heart.

I gently push his shoulder as I walk past, coffee in hand, and a smile on my face.

...

After a long day of filming I resort to my trailer to change for dinner. Jamie and I agreed to meet in an hour and head out. For some odd reason, nerves flutter around in the pit of my stomach. While I know this is not a date, a part of me wishes it were. But that part is pushed deep in the depths of my mind, hidden from everyone.

I refresh myself after a long day; washing my face, applying makeup, and changing into clothes more suited to my tastes than to Anastasias. As I exit my trailer, on route to Jamie's, I'm stopped dead in my tracks by the sight of him before me. In dress pants and a crisp white shirt of which the first few buttons are left undone, his chest hair lightly poking out. He's just your friend...he's just your friend...my mantra is repeated over and over again in my head.

"You look beautiful Dakota." His Irish accent thick...my knees weaken. I wobble a tad as I clamber down the steps of my trailer, his hand is quickly in front of mine and I grab onto him for stability. Feels like he's always there to catch me when I've fallen...so to speak.

Looking up at him, hand in mine, I blush. There are those damn nerves again.

...

Sitting in the restaurant, candles grace our table, the room is dimly lit...it is all very romantic. But our conversation is anything but that. We laugh and joke, about anything and everything. It's all so effortless. I've had boyfriends, but it took years to build this level of comfort with them, to trust them as much as I trust the man sitting in front of me.

"So how did the conversation with Amelia go?" After a pause in conversation, I brazenly ask the question that has been on my mind ever since that day.

He clasps his hands together, fiddling with his wedding ring. "We talked...she and Dulcie are arriving in a week. She was able to find a last minute flight..." he looks up as if to gauge my reaction.

While I am happy he will be able to be the father he so desperately wants to be, I force a smile on my face. I know things will change. They have to.

"I'm so glad Jamie! I can't wait to meet them...are you...excited?"

He fiddles more with his ring, his posture stiffens. "I am...yeah...I don't know...I think I'm more worried than anything." He quickly utters the last part, as if finally admitting to himself that that's how he feels.

"Worried? Why would you be worried about that?" Placing his hands on his lap, he takes a sip of wine. "Well, Amelia and I married quickly and had Dulcie rather quick. At the time it felt natural, I was so smitten it didn't seem rushed in the slightest. But for the last few months, even before I came here...well we haven't been ourselves. Arguing and such. I guess I've enjoyed being here, not fighting with anyone. I guess I'm worried that things really have changed between us..." His eyes widen a tad "...between Amelia and I."

I take a sip of wine. I exhale, attempting to quickly figure out something I can say to possibly make him feel better. I've always been good at quick banter, never the serious stuff.

"Jamie, I'm sure having a child is stressful on any couple...regardless of how long they've been together. Give it time. I'm sure she's feeling the same way you are, just relax a bit...don't be too hard on yourself." I reach over and place my hand on his, giving it a slight squeeze.

His grey eyes focus on mine. I shallow sharply, pressing my bare legs together under the table as my body reacts to him. He's just a friend...he's just a friend...I repeat my mantra over and over...

& it all feels rightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें