Chapter 3

"Hall monitors on steroids"

Nina was on her front porch waiting for Sam to call her and tell her she can go see Embry. Sam didn't want Nina to be near Embry when he phased and said to wait a little while until he thinks Embry won't phase again.

Nina's phone started ringing and she immediately answered.
"Nina, you can come see him now."
Sam spoke through the phone and Nina said a quick 'on my way' then got in her truck to go see him.

*Sam and Emily's House*

"Whooop!"
Nina hollered to tell them she's here. She made her way inside to see Embry walk out of the kitchen. She stopped in her tracks feeling butterflies. Embry raised his head and when he looked in her eyes time stopped.

Embry felt like she was gravity, like he was living so he could be with her, nothing in this world could keep him away from her and he felt like a rope was conjoined between them that he would never want to go away. He needed to protect her, be whatever or whoever she desired.

Nina had a quiet gasp. She felt like everything in life made sense, she felt like was the happiest she has ever been just by being in his presence.

He just imprinted.

Everyone in the room was looking between them and saying Paul was pissed was an understatement. He was a shaking mess.

Paul stood up and went right for Embry, grabbing him by the back of the neck and dragging him outside. Paul threw Embry to the ground but Embry was quick to his feet. Everyone quickly followed behind.

"You imprinted on Nina?!"
Paul shouted at him.

"I can't control it."
Embry defended but it wasn't working. Paul shoved him knocking him back onto the ground.

"Paul enough."
Nina said going in front of Embry.

"Nina-"
Sam tried to warn but was cut off.

"You know what you are, Nina? You're a homie hopper. You know what? You're worse than that you're a slut!"
Paul screamed at Nina, getting in her face. Embry got up from the ground to defend his imprint but Jared beat him to it. Jared pushed Nina gently behind him.

"Watch your fucking mouth!"
Jared got right up in Paul's face keeping a hand on Nina's waist protectively.

"What you going go after him next?"
Paul asked Nina glaring at her while pointing at Jared.

"Stay the fuck away from her! After what you called her don't even fucking look at her!"
Jared threatened raising his voice even louder. He nodded his head to Nina to move away and she obeyed grabbing Embry's arm which was shaking bad, to bring him with her.

Paul quickly shifted and Jared right after. This fight had zero mercy. They bit, scratched, hit whatever they could.

Sam had enough and shifted. He used his alpha voice and they stopped. Paul whimpered and went to the forest along with Sam and Jared. A few minutes later they came back. Jared had a few deep cuts but Paul had more.

Paul walked up cautiously to Nina but Embry stepped in front of her, Paul sighed.
"Nina, I'm sorry. Can we please go talk?"
Paul asked and Embry turned to Nina to see her decision. Nina nodded and Embry reluctantly stepped to the side.

"Let's go."
Paul nodded his head to the trail and Nina walked along side of him.

"I'm sorry about that. Everything I said isn't true and it's just hard to believe our relationship in the past is gone... we can't add onto the memories of being together romantically and it's heartbreaking for me."
Paul admitted and she stopped walking and so did he. Nina pull him into a hug, knowing he needs it right now.