Chapter 1: "Little One"

As we drove closer and closer to Beacon Hills I felt less afraid. I had been asleep most of the ride down due to my meds and I was still in a daze. As the sun shawn through my window my father spoke.

"Oh you're finally awake, we're almost there." He said in an excited tone.

I rolled my eyes and looked out through the front window and saw our new home. With painted blue paneling walls, a white picket fence, and a really hot guy standing at the door. Huh, I muttered to myself, with drool running down my mouth.

"Oh yea, I asked Derek to help us move in. You remember Derek right? Derek Hale?"

Those words "Do you remember him?" Of course, I remember him, omfg who wouldn't? I mean I wouldn't forget now. Goddamm.

"Who's Derek? Ooh wow, he's some hot cake." Rowan chirped in from the back.

"Rowan, watch your mouth. He is a lot older than you." He said angrily.

Rowan rolled her eyes and went back to her book. I'm still looking through the window and saw a smile string across Derek's face. I'm guessing he heard her. I opened my door and started to head toward him. It's been years but I can still remember that smile anywhere.

"Hey, little one." he said pulling me into a tight hug.

Derek's nickname for me has always been "little one" and I hated it - he always made me feel small as he was so tall. Too tall.

"I missed you!" I exclaimed looking up at his beautiful eyes.

"Save him for us all, Cerise." My dad said with a grin on his face.

"Hi, Mr. Whitlock." Derek said, trying to be nice.

"Hello, son. How are you? It's been a while." he exclaimed trying to make conversation.

"I'm doing fine." he said looking at Rowan.

"Hello, you must be Rowan. I'm guessing you don't remember me? I'm Derek." he said reaching out his hand for a handshake.

"Hey... Nice to meet you." She said smiling lightly, showing her pearly white teeth and shaking his hand.

"Well, I'm going to let you guys settle in. I'll see you all around." He said walking off and waving back.