𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 ― lady wolf

―♛―

CHAPTER VIII:

✧. ⋆ lady wolf

 ⋆ lady wolf

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

     𝕬 DELEGATION HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THEM AT THE PALACE THAT MORNING. Eldrid felt a little uneasy having so many unfriendly eyes on her. But now that they had left the city far behind them, she was finally starting to breathe a little easier. Though the words of the king still haunted her thoughts, the prospect of seeing her brother and her men made her feel a lot better. Soon, she'd be amongst her own people again. She had her fill of Saxons for a while.

Green hills stretched out around them as far as the eye could see. A soft breeze made the grass sway and tugged at her long, unbound hair. Eldrid would've been perfectly content with the wind and the hooves of their horses as the only sounds to keep them company. Sadly, the king's nephew Aethelwold decided to open his mouth.

"When will we have sight of Eoferwic? I have never ridden for so long nor so far."

"Have you a sore arse, Lord?" Steapa asked, causing a few soldiers to laugh. None of them had been very pleased with Alfred's decision to send his nephew to speak for him. As they were all very fond of reminding him at every possible opportunity; he was a turd.

"I have a sore everything," Aethelwold continued, either ignoring or missing the mocking tone of the question. "I need a woman to rub and bathe me."

"You should've brought more silver then," Eldrid spoke through gritted teeth.

Behind her, Finan chuckled, but he quickly managed to mask it with a cough when Aethelwold glared at him. Though the mischievous sparkle within his eyes did not fade. In fact, it only seemed to become brighter when he noticed Eldrid looking at him.

𝕺𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐆𝐄 | finanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें