Chapter 26

Bella P.O.V

The next day it took me almost half an hour trying to convince Edward to let me go to work. He said it wasn't safe. His only concern now days is only my safety but what about him? Who protects him? Himself? I don't think so.

We walked out of the building holding hands. The tallest, most fit men I could've ever seen were standing in the entrance. Each on each side of the door. Both had shaved heads, with dark sunglasses on and a expressionless face. One seemed a bit more friendly than the other, but still their size was still a bit scary.

"Are they going to stay here all day?" I asked under my breath.

"No, one is going with me, the other is going with you," he said, putting on his jacket before we walked out.

"I don't need a bodyguard," I muttered.

He glares at me. "This is not on discussion, Bella. Johnson is going with you."

"Which one?" I asked. Hopefully, the one who looks friendly.

"The bald one," he smirks.

They're both bald!

I give him a slight punch on the chest. He laughs, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me towards him.

"I'll pick you up at five," he says before kissing me.

"I'll see you then," I say against his soft, kissable lips.

We walk out and the two gorillas are waiting for us next to Edward's audi. We take the back seats and they take the front. The drive is silent, almost awkward. It's weird driving in a car with people you don't know, more when they're both emotionless gorillas.

Gorilla number one parks in front of Forever Publishing, Inc. The friendly looking one gets out and opens the back door for me.

I turn to Edward. "Seriously, there's no need for him to stay here."

"He's staying. Please, take care, I wouldn't know what would I do if something ever happens to you, Bella."

I smile. "What can happen when you got me my own personal gorilla?"

"Have a nice day at work, Love."

My eyes literally almost popped out of their orbits. Did he call me Love? I'm used to Baby but I never thought he would ever call me Love.

"And you learn how to run a company, my man," I kiss him one more time.

"Now that you told me, I'll do my best," he smirks.

I get out of the car. Gorilla number two closes the door and taps the back part of the car and it heads off around the corner.

"I'm Bella," I say, at least what I can do is know the name of the gorilla.

"Johnson, Ms. Swan," he said. Damn, his voice is deeper that I thought.

"How long have you been working as a bodyguard?" I asked, walking inside the building.

"I was in the military for ten years, Ms. Swan, I've been working for Mr. Cullen for five."

"You mean Edward?" I asked.

"His father."

Oh, yeah.

"What's his name?" I ask. Maybe I can get some information out of this guy if I ask.

"Ms. Swan, I was instructed not to answer those kind of questions," he replied.

Of course, he was. Edward probably knew I would do that, it was the first thing I did when he mentioned him.