Chapter 33

Bella P.O.V

The following days are more like annoying with Mr. Whining over here. Edward can't take being taken care of. He snaps at the doctor, at the nurses but mostly to the doctor that even since we're here has been giving me flirty grins. Edward, of course, noticed it and always makes sure to give me a passionate kiss or call me baby in front of him. Jealous asshole. Well, my jealous asshole. It was hard to convince him that he should let me help him out.

Edward did made sure my communication with his family was limited, only when he was around. That's something that's a hard limit for him. He told me he didn't want me involved to his past, whatever it is. He never let's me out of his sight and if I go home to change he would send Johnson with me and he would keep an eye on my every move.

We're only a week in the deal we made and it feels like time is passing by really slow. There's no day I'm not afraid he could come, he blow up the hospital or hurt anyone in my family. There's no day I'm not afraid. Edward is my only comfort right now. He knows what's going on, he knows what we are to expect yet he still remains calm. His parents have no idea of what's going on, they just know there's something Edward wants to protect me from.

A knock on the door takes me out of my thoughts. Edward pushes the food away from him with a growl and says, "Come in." He looks at me and adds, "The food here taste like shit."

I smile. "How do you know what shit taste like?"

He grins, my favorite grin and pinches my side. I jerk away, laughing. "Don't be a smart ass with me and get your little ass back here," he demands.

I smile, dragging my chair back next to him. He takes my hand and holds it tightly. The door slowly opens, Rachel's little head peeks in shyly. "Rachel," I smile. "Come on, in, sweetheart."

She opens the door and stands next to the door, her hands touching her hair. Her little smile is shy, really shy. She wasn't like this before, it's probably Edward. "Hi, I'm Rachel," she says to Edward.

Edward looks at me confused. "She's the girl you saved from the explosion," I explain.

He nods. "Hey, Rachel, I'm Edward," he smiles at her sweetly. "Come here," he pats the empty spot next to him on the bed. Rachel smiles and walks to Edward. He helps her sit on the bed and pulls her hair behind her ear. "How are you, huh? You weren't hurt?" He asks.

Rachel shakes her head. "No, Sir. Thank you for saving me. Mommy was very scared."

"I can imagine," he says. "You're very welcome and I'm glad that you weren't injured. How old are you?"

"Nine," she says. "I'm in fourth grade, now."

Edward opens his eyes widely, acting surprised. "Wow, you're so big. You're doing well in school? No boyfriends, okay? Or else you're gonna tell me, and I'll take care of it." Rachel and I laugh.

For the next hour we spend it with Rachel talking. She took immediate liking to Edward, and also seemed to like having her here. Edward sent Johnson to go get two large pepperoni pizzas and a large Coca-Cola for lunch. He surprised us when he also brought a cookies and cream ice cream.

We all ate, talked and played on with the Xbox they had here. I was surprised they had one here in the suite Edward was changed to after our agreement.

Later that day Rachel's mom came to pick her up and thank Edward. Edward nodded with a sweet smile and told Rachel that she should come visit us soon so they can continue to play. Rachel was happy to come back after begging her mom.

When they left it was only Edward and me, again. I put my cup of ice cream on the side and take Edward's hand. "She's a really sweet girl," I say.