Chapter 9:

So that night, Danny and Sandy were asleep in Danny's bed. Danny held Sandy in his arms, protecting her, but of course Sandy was having nightmares about her abusive ex, Bruno. She was crying softly in her sleep, making Danny stirred a little and open his eyes to see Sandy crying again. "S-Sandy?" He whispered.

He sits upright, turning on his bedside lamb and saw Sandy sobbing uncontrollably in her sleep.

"Sandy!" Danny cried out.

Danny sat on his knees, gently shaking Sandy to wake up.

"C'mon darlin', it's just a nightmare!" Danny spoke.

Then Sandy started to throw her arms at Danny, trying to get away, which broke him.

"Sandy, it's me, Danny!" Danny cried as he held Sandy's arms.

Sandy finally opened her eyes, but was still crying.

"Shh, it's me." Danny whispered.

Sandy calmed down and looked up to see Danny.

"D-Danny?" She asked with innocence in her voice.

"Hey, it's ok darling." Danny comforted her.

"Oh Danny, it was awful." She cried in his arms.

Danny kissed her head and held her tightly.

"It's gonna be ok, baby." He told her. "He ain't gonna get to ya. I could never ever let that happen."

Sandy just sobbed in his arms while whimpering. Danny felt so awful for his angel, she was terrified of the creep, he was feeling a lot of mixture of anger and hatred towards Bruno.