Chapter 8:

Back at the Zukos' household, Danny's sister-in-law, Anna who is his older brother Derek's wife, was in the living room comforting a crying Sandy in her arms while Dylan came back inside with Robert and the boys. When Anna and the girls looked up to see them, Sandy stood up. "Danny!" Her face was stained with tears.

Danny walked over to her and hugged her as she cried in his arms.

"Oh Danny!" She sobbed.

Danny held her tight, soothing her hair.

"It's gonna be alright, Darlin'." Danny comforted her. "I ain't gonna let the creep go near ya."

Sandy just cries in his arms, feeling much more safe in his arms.

"Sandy, sweetheart..." Danny's mother, Diane Zuko, spoke softly as she and Derek walked back to the living room. "Your mother and your father are gonna be here to pick you up soon."

Sandy just sniffed, while Danny held her in his arms, not wanting to let her go.

"Don't worry baby," Danny hushed. "You're safe with me now, darling."

Just then the doorbell rang and Danny's eldest nephew, Archie Zuko, went to open it.

"It's Mr. and Mrs. Olsson, grandpa!" Archie said, letting Sandy's parents in.

Sandy's parents, Sean and Shannon Olsson, run over to their daughter, hugging her tightly.

"My sweet angel, are you alright dear?" Shannon cried.

Sandy shook her head as Sean kissed her head.

"Wish you've told us, baby girl." Sean spoke.

Sandy looked up at her parents, tears still flowing everywhere.

"I'm sorry daddy." She apologized.

Shannon hugs her tightly.

"Don't be sorry, sweetheart." She told her daughter.

Sandy let out a sniff.

"Come on," Sean spoke. "Let's take you home, ok?"

"Daddy, mother, if it's alright, can I please stay with Danny?" Sandy asked.

Sean and Shannon looked at each other and back at Sandy, who was clinging onto Danny.

"Dylan and I can pull the cot out for Danny to sleep in." Diane assured them, knowing that Sandy would want Danny by her side.

The couple smiled and Sean kissed Sandy's head.

"We understand." Sean smiled. "We know Danny is a great kid and how much he loves and adores our baby girl."

Shannon kissed Danny's cheek.

"Thanks mom, thanks daddy." Sandy said.

"You try to get some rest, my sweet angel." Shannon said, kissing her daughter's head.

Sean hugged her and kissed her head.

"Come on, darling." Danny spoke to Sandy. "Let's go get some sleep, ok?"

Sandy just nods her head as Danny walks Sandy up the stairs, still holding onto her. Everyone felt awful for Sandy.