❀ [𝗛𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗿𝗮 𝗜.] 𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

It was incredibly frustrating how dumb Inosuke could be.

Zenitsu was sitting at the table for around two hours now. Inosuke, who really embodied saying 'the lights are on but no one's home', sat next to him, pretty face forming a grimace as he frowned. "Fuck.", the idiot of a boar read aloud, boasting with confidence, to which the blond face-palmed. "Luck.", he corrected for the third time. Like before, Inosuke scoffed. Without a word he looked away from the book, grass green falling onto the paper next to it instead. With shaky fingers, he scribbled something with ink onto it, Zenitsu couldn't make out. Moving back to the book, the dark haired man pointed at another word: "Fun.". Honeyed eyes narrowed, "Sun.". What was with him and this f-weakness??

Teaching Inosuke to read and write was the biggest mistake he ever made. He really should've guilt-tripped Tanjirou into this. Even if he was the only one allowed on missions, at the current time. "Foe.". Zenitsu followed the other's index finger, wondering that the boar headed idiot even knew such a word. "Toe, dumbass.". The younger boy grumbled lowly, copying the word onto his paper. It was smudged with ink, and unreadable at this point.
Inosuke went back to looking at the book. His tongue darted out of the corner of his mouth, as he tried to understand the letters in front of him. Time ticked by, one second, soon ten, as silence lingered around them. "Ah!", a loud gasp, "Fate!".

Zenitsu's flat hand met his own forehead once again.

"Hate, Inosuke, HATE!". Something he was feeling more of by the minute. He was definitely too impatient for his stupidity. How could Tanjirou get along so well with such a hillbilly? "Oi!", the boar exclaimed, "You wanna fight or what?!". He threw his brush down, knocking the glass of ink over in the process. "Fuck-", Zenitsu swore, Shinobu would kill them. Hastily, he set the glass back up again. "Luck! HAH!", Inosuke retorted, not making any sense. (Not that it was anything new.) Their eyes fell to the sheet of paper, which was now drowned in ink. The scraggly writing on it was now even harder to make out. "My letters!", taking the paper, Inosuke began scraping the ink off. It was all for nought, as it splattered onto the table instead. Puffing out a harsh breath, he stared at the blond. His eyes narrowed, as a dark brow twitched in irritation.

Inosuke was pissed because of his own actions, giving Zenitsu the fault. Great. He seriously couldn't get along with that guy.

"It's your fault!", just as predicted. "My letters are ruined!". Honeyed eyes rolled in exaggeration, "They were ruined once you've written them.". He shouldn't have said that, but his mouth ran by itself. "YOU-", within a second, ink splattered through the room. Zenitsu screwed his eyes shut, as the other shucked the black liquid at him. It was thick and colder than his skin, while slowly dripping down his eyelashes, cheeks and lips. He resisted the urge to lick at it, fearing it would be toxic and instantly kill him. Instead, he wiped it away with the back of his hand.

"You hot-headed idiot!", screamed the blond hot-headed idiot, finally opening his eyes again. He was met by Inosuke's stunned face; his eyes were ripped wide open, and mouth forced shut. Following his gaze, Zenitsu understood why. "No-", he mumbled, looking at the fat splash of ink seeping into the fabric of his yellow haori, getting bigger and bigger. Their eyes jumped back up at the same time, locking in a tense stare. "No.", the blond repeated, "Nononononononono-". He rushed out of the room as fast as he could. He needed water and soap, lots of it. If he didn't get that stain out - tears gathered in his eyes.

〤〤〤

Half an hour later, Zenitsu sat on the bathroom floor. He was undressed, except for a towel covering his crotch.